Avengers: Endgame is big – and making tons of cinematic history!
The highly anticipated Marvel superhero film raked in an estimated $1.2 billion in its first weekend, becoming the first film in history to surpass the $1 billion mark in its opening weekend, the studio announced on Sunday (April 28).
It also hit the billion mark in just five days. Comparatively, Avengers: Infinity War hit the billion mark at 11 days.
“We poured our heart and soul into Avengers: Endgame, hoping to tell a story that would inspire audiences around the world. Our family of cast and crew felt honored to be entrusted with bringing the Infinity Saga to a close. To Kevin Feige, everyone at Disney and Marvel, and the incredible, global community of fans – thank you,” said directors Anthony and Joe Russo in a statement.
Click inside to see all the records Avengers: Endgame notched in its first weekend…
- No. 1 domestic ($350M), international ($859M), and global ($1,209.0M) debuts
- No. 1 domestic Thursday previews ($60M)
- No. 1 domestic single-day gross and #1 domestic Friday gross ($156.7M)
- No. 1 domestic Saturday ($109M) and Sunday ($84.3M) grosses; Saturday is first $100M+ day without previews
- No. 1 China opening day ($107.8M) and opening weekend ($330.5M) and already ranking as the #4 non-local film ever released there
- Fastest film to $1B globally (5 days)
- 8th Marvel Studios film to cross $1B; 2nd to cross $1B this year (with Captain Marvel)
- Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France (admissions, non-local), Italy (non-local), Spain, UK/Ireland
- Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland
- Biggest IMAX global debut ($91.5M)
Source: Read Full Article