WATCH out prosecco, it’s now the turn of crémant.
The sparkling wine was once known as poor man’s champagne but its quality has vastly improved over the past 20 years.
Sales are on the rise and it is seen as a more affordable alternative to posh bubbly.
Here are my top picks, all for under a tenner.
- Taste The Difference Crémant De Loire, Sainsbury’s, £9 (usually £11.50). This wine made by Bouvet Ladubay is rich yet has a zesty apple freshness. Great if you fancy a change from the dryness of prosecco. It also goes well with fish and chips. SAVE: £2.50
- Arthur Metz Crémant Brut Rose, Ocado, £9.99 (usually £14.99). Fancy a glass of crémant rose?This is a lovely pink colour and is brimming with red fruit flavours. Perfect for parties. SAVE: £5
- L’Extra par Langlois Brut NV Crémant de Loire, Majestic Wine, £10.99 when you buy six (usually £13.99 a bottle).Majestic has 25 per cent off when you buy six or more bottles. You will be paying £65.94 instead of £83.94 when you get six of this little number. The Loire equivalent of a “blanc de blancs” champagne. SAVE: £18
- Exquisite Crémant du Jura, Aldi, £8.29. If you are a fan of Chardonnay, you will love this. Made from 100 per cent of the white wine grape. I would prefer a glass of this over champagne any day. Not currently on offer but the cheapest bottle on the block.
- Prices correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of the day
TUCK into Young’s Gastro tempura battered lemon and herb basa fillets from Sainsbury’s. Now £2.50, down from £4. Ends April 30.
GET fired up for pizza without blowing your budget on the Oxford gourmet outside oven, from Amazon and buy Aldi’s version, below, instead.
Readers saving tip
JANE BAKER, from Bridport, Dorset, says: “I take a reusable coffee cup with me on holiday to save money on hot drinks at the airport. It also keeps drinks cold while on the move.”
- Share tips at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
TRY Halo Top sticks in four fab flavours including Peanut Butter Swirl and Strawberry Cheesecake. Half-price at Tesco, £2.50. Ends April 29.
My Sun savers fiver
DINA SMITH, from Hastings, East Sussex, says: “I bought my daughter’s birthday cake with my Sun Savers fivers.”
- Share your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you will get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
Win two FREE tickets to LEGOLAND Windsor Resort worth up to £120
HERE’S your chance to get two FREE tickets to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort worth up to £120 with Sun Superdays.
LEGO City 4D – Officer in Pursuit bursts on to the LEGO Studios 4D screen at LEGOLAND in May.
It is an exclusive 4D movie the whole family will love.
To get your tickets, download the Sun Savers app or go to sunsavers.co.uk.
Then visit the “Offers” section and click “Start Collecting” on the “Superdays – LEGOLAND” page. Next, collect NINE Sun Savers codes found in paper daily until April 30.
Today’s is on Page 22. Enter them on Sun Savers to book. You can book by collecting TEN tokens and using the booking form at thesun.co.uk/superdays, but only Sun Savers can pick their date. Today’s token is on the right.
- Subject to availability. Multiple code collect. Sun Savers £2 booking fee applies. T&Cs apply, see thesun.co.uk/superdays.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Source: Read Full Article