EXCITEMENT is starting to rise for fight fans as we head towards a packed boxing schedule.
Tyson Fury appears to be in good shape ahead of his showdown with Otto Wallin, but Andy Ruiz Jr is not happy with his Mexican antics as the Brit fights for the WBC Mayan belt.
Follow all of the news from the world boxing right here…
EDDIE HEARN has continued his attack on Tyson Fury for choosing to fight unknown Otto Wallin.
Earlier this week Hearn claimed Fury's popularity around the world was plummeting because of his decision to take on Wallin this weekend.
Now Anthony Joshua's promoter has claimed there is such little interest in the fight in Las Vegas on Saturday only 1,500 tickets have been sold.
Hearn said: “I saw it as an exhibition, because the fights so bad.
“Top Rank and ESPN have got to be throwing up. They’ve sold like 1500 tickets for Saturday night.
“No one is going to be watching. All the momentum Fury had off the back of the [Deontay] Wilder fight.
“Where’s it gone? We’re trying to build towards a monster second fight.
“To take two poor fights like that and waste your year, good luck to Tyson Fury.
“He’s being given fights he can’t lose, but isn’t that boring?”
NIGEL BENN is set to confirm he is returning to boxing at the age of 55 – by taking on another former world champion in November.
Benn has not fought for 23 years since losing two bruising clashes with Steve Collins in 1996.
But the ex-middleweight and super-middleweight world champion is now pressing ahead with his plans to make a comeback, with a date already pencilled in.
The Mail say the Dark Destroyer, who now lives in Australia, is planning to hold a press conference next week when he will formally announce his comeback.
And November 23 at Birmingham's Resorts World Arena is the date and venue for the amazing return.
EXCLUSIVE: OTTO WALLIN is no pushover but he will need an uppercut from God to beat Tyson Fury on Saturday night.
The 6ft 6in Swede has been written off as another Las Vegas stooge for Fury to whoop, much like over-hyped June opponent Tom Schwarz who failed to last two rounds.
But heavy-handed British cruiserweight Mikael Lawal spent two weeks going hammer and tongs with the 20-0 southpaw in 2017 and insists he has the tools to test the Gypsy King but will need divine intervention to pull off a seismic shock.
Ultimate Boxxer 4 champ, Lawal, told SunSport: “I went to Denmark when he was training there, we did two weeks work, three sessions a week, six rounds per-session, so around 36 rounds.
“He is skilful and should be able to ask Tyson a few questions, he does have power but I am not sure if it is enough to stop Tyson, as he’s a justdifferent animal.
“Wallin has his moments when he tries to tear it up, I watched some of his fights and he has tried to take guys out.
“I would like to see Wallin target Tyson’s body but he will still need one of these punches from God to win.
“His left uppercut would probably be his honey shot, that will be the one to watch for. It is a slim chance but he could pull it off.”
ANTHONY JOSHUA’S trainer sensationally admitted he “knew” AJ was concussed during his defeat to Andy Ruiz Jr.
Rob McCracken’s startling revelation prompted a furious reaction from brain injury experts, who claim Joshua could have DIED because the cornerman did not throw in the towel.
Brain injury charity Headway slammed McCracken for failing to protect his man.
Speaking exclusively to SunSport, deputy chief executive Luke Griggs said: ” It's a shocking admission but it's highly unlikely that this is an isolated incident.
“Trainers have a duty of care to their boxers and it seems clear that Anthony Joshua's trainer's sole priority was winning that fight, not protecting the fighter from a potentially fatal injury.
“We know once you've had a concussion, any subsequent blow can exacerbate the damage. You are most at risk of having a particularly serious or fatal brain injury if the brain has already been damaged and a concussion has already been sustained.
“In that point, he was particularly vulnerable to a more serious injury. One wonders how many deaths in the ring over the years have resulted from a win-at-all-costs mentality.”
ANTHONY JOSHUA insists Wladimir Klitschko is the hardest puncher he has faced – despite being KO'd by Andy Ruiz Jr.
Back in April 2017 Joshua was sent crashing to the canvas by boxing legend Klitschko – but maintained his focus to stop the Ukrainian in the 11th round.
Speaking on the Pound For Pound Podcast, Joshua, 29, said: “Who’s hit me the hardest? Yeah, Klitschko.
“I was gonna say Ruiz, but when he hit me that was like a concussion on the back of my head.
“When I went in with Klitschko, yeah, I just knew this could go two ways.
“I could either win or I’m gonna be laid out on my back. You know when you get carried out on a stretcher?”
Source: Read Full Article