A 30-year-old man is in jail in connection with a month-long string of robberies, say Winnipeg police.
From Dec. 4 to Jan. 16, more than a dozen break-ins took place at multiple locations across the city, from Sage Creek to downtown, to West Kildonan and Amber Trails.
- Break and enter and theft in the 100 block of Sage Creek
- Theft in the 300 block of York Avenue
- Two break and enters, on two different occasions, in the first 100 block of Whellams Lane
- Four break and enters and thefts, on two different occasions, in the first 100 block of Innsbruck Way
- Four break and enters, two involving thefts, on two different occasions, in the 100 block of Watson Street
- Two break and enters and thefts, on two different occasions, in the 100 block of North Point Blvd.
Derek Lloyd Penney was picked up by general patrol officers Jan. 23 in the 400 block of Redwood Avenue.
He was already wanted for failure to comply with probation and failure to attend court.
He now faces additional charges for possession of restricted weapons, possession of stolen property, breaking and entering, and theft.
Penney remains in custody at the Winnipeg Remand Centre.
Source: Read Full Article