We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Anton Du Beke, 54, will replace Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse, 39, on the BBC show. It comes after the latter had to make an “urgent” trip back home to Germany forcing Motsi to self-isolate for two-weeks.
Motsi will be missing the next couple of live shows but Anton is gearing up to keep her seat warm for the time being.
She will not be in the studio for at least 14-days until her quarantine period – put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic – is over.
Anton has since revealed he has been in touch with ex-Strictly judge Len Goodman, who has offered the professional a warning prior to his judging debut.
Speaking on Strictly’s spin-off show, Anton was quizzed by Gethin Jones on what his judging style will be like.
The father-of-two admitted that he planned to be “enthusiastic” towards his fellow professionals and their celebrity dance partners.
He then dished on Len’s big tip, who advised Anton to remain as natural as possible.
The Strictly pro said: “I know that everyone is going to be trying their best. But I shall say what I see.
“I had a lovely bit of advice from Len. He said, ‘Be yourself and say what you see.'”
Len was a former judge on Strictly when the show first debuted in 2004 but after 12 years on the programme he announced his departure.
Meanwhile, Anton’s new role comes after Motsi announced on Twitter that she would be missing the live shows.
She penned: “Hi Guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason.
“I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days. I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.
Bill Bailey: Strictly star bids ‘farewell’ after tragic family loss[LATEST]
Emily Maitlis issues apology after making BBC colleague ‘flip’[PODCAST]
Carol Vorderman reacts as she’s featured in question on The Chase[TV]
“Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up!”
Anton has since taken to the micro-blogging site as he shared his excitement about joining judges Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel-Horwood.
In view of his 252,000 followers, he wrote: “My loves I can’t wait for tomorrow’s show!”
Fans flocked to comment on the post, as they inundated him with congratulatory messages.
“The king finally gets his throne! So thrilled and excited for you – we all are!” one person tweeted.
Another person commented: “My Nan will be delighted. She gets to see you dance in the pro routine and be a judge! Enjoy yourself and be as honest and truthful as you can!”
While a third person added: “Great news, I know you love the dancing still, but brilliant to have you on the panel. Look forward to your judging, it should be fun.”
Strictly Come Dancing airs on Saturday on BBC One at 7.10pm.
Source: Read Full Article