GROWING up, the most indulgent thing you'd find in your advent calendar was a square of chocolate.
But flash forward to the present day and it seems like every beauty brand in the world has brought out their own festive offering.
So before splashing her hard-earned cash on just one, TikTok user Georgia weighed up the different options before committing to the Look Fantastic calendar.
The brand's 2021 calendar costs £85 and claims to contain £414 worth of beauty goodies – including products from luxury brands such as NARS, Illamasqua, Kate Somerville, Rodial and Elemis.
When Georgia's calendar arrived in the post at the end of November, the social media star – who boasts 90k followers – decided to review each product in a video series.
She captioned her first video: "Day one of seeing if my advent calendar is worth £414."
FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED
Things got off to a promising start when Georgia unboxed a mini of the cult favourite Kate Somerville Goat Milk cleanser.
A full-sized tube of the skincare product would have set Georgia back £34 on the Look Fantastic website – but she calculated the 30ml travel-sized version was worth £8.50.
Most read in Fabulous
Meg & Harry's 'ship has sailed' for Royal return after missing event with Kate
Woman shares clever trick to dry clothes with no tumble dryer in under two hours
I nearly changed my son's name over trolling…people say he'll never get a job
I got a tattoo at 17 because it was trendy… it was a total fail
Other products Georgia has unboxed in the calendar include: a mini Oh Wow hair spray costing £12.50, a 30ml £12 Illamasqua setting spray, a mini Iconic London highlighter and a 15ml Caudalie moisturiser which she estimated to be worth £8.
By the time Georgia got to the third day, the exasperated beauty fan wrote: "Look Fantastic… wanna stop with the travel sizes?"
That said, it hasn't all been disappointing – as Georgia was chuffed with her Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel, Rituals candle and Nars blush.
On the seventh day of the calendar, the beauty fan uncovered Omorovicza's Facial Polish – which the brand describes as a "deluxe mini".
Although this is one of the pricier products in the calendar and costs £19 for 30ml, Georgia wasn't all that impressed.
In response to a viewer who asked what it actually was, Georgia joked: "I have no idea.
"It looks like something from Shrek's swamp."
What's more, the beauty fan was fuming when she unboxed a tiny serum sample the size of her THUMB yesterday – which the brand also described as a "deluxe mini".
A 15ml bottle of the plant-based anti-ageing serum will set you back a cool £135 on the Look Fantastic website – and Georgia calculated that this mini sample is worth around £20.
What’s inside the calendar?
- Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturising Cleanser (Deluxe Mini)
- Color Wow Supernatural Dream Coat (Deluxe Mini)
- Illamasqua Hydra Setting Spray (Deluxe Mini)
- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Hydration Intense Moisturising Cream (Deluxe Mini)
- Aveda Botanical Repair Treatment (Deluxe Mini)
- Delilah Lip Line Long Wear Retractable Pencil (Full Size)
- Omorovicza Facial Polish (Deluxe Mini)
- Philip Kingsley Elasti-Styler (Deluxe Mini)
- NARS Blush in Orgasm (Deluxe Mini)
- Rituals Sakura Candle (Travel Size)
- Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (Travel Size)
- Percy and Reed Wonder Balm (Deluxe Mini)
- Iconic London Highlighter Drops (Deluxe Mini)
- AHC Real Eye Cream for Face (Full Size)
- REN Clean Skincare Overnight Glow Dark Spot Sleeping Cream (Deluxe Mini)
- Bubble T Rhubarb & Custard Bath Fizzer (Full Size)
- This Works Stress Check Mood Manager (Deluxe Mini)
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt (Deluxe Mini)
- Rodial Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel (Deluxe Mini)
- BIOEFFECT EGF Serum (Deluxe Mini)
- Diego Dalla Palma Kohl Kajal Eye Liner (Full Size)
- Balance Me Beauty Sleep Hyaluronic Mist (Deluxe Mini)
- AVANT Sumptuous Glycolic Acid Shea Butter Hand Balm (Full Size)
- Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash (Deluxe Mini)
- ESPA Clean & Green Detox Mask (Full Size)
As she's approaching the end of the calendar, Georgia believes that it's actually worth £235 – which isn't bad when you consider it only cost £85.
But in order to hit the £414 total, the five remaining products will need to be worth £35.91 each.
Needless to say, the videos had other beauty fans hooked.
One replied: "I bet they’ve got the overall [£414] amount from the items if they were full size."
Another added: "Deffo not worth £414 but I paid £85 and it’s been worth that! Love the candle, Nars blush and iconic highlighter."
Referencing the disastrous Chanel advent calendar which contained stickers and empty dust bags, a third joked: "Still 10x better than Chanel…"
Fabulous has contacted Look Fantastic for comment.
For more beauty stories, this woman shared her incredible Primark make-up look and it’s left people running to bag the £1 products.
And forget your dressing gown belt – use TINSEL to get the perfect heatless curls this Christmas.
Plus you’ve been curling your eyelashes wrong… and the right way makes them look even better.
Source: Read Full Article