ASDA and Tesco issue urgent warning for parents to STOP using kids' cups over choking hazard

A POPULAR children’s drinking cup has been frantically recalled over fears that they could pose a choking hazard.

Supermarket giants Asda and Tesco have urgently asked anyone who bought the Nuby Incredible Gulp Cup’s to bring them back to the store.


Anyone who bought the Unicorn, Dinosaur and Fox drinking bottles between November 1 2021 and January 14 2022 with the batch codes WF10V and WG08V are being recalled.

Asda said this was due to "a small number of defects on the spout and straw assembly, which in some instances means that the spout could detach when pulled with force and this could become a choking hazard."

Those who purchased one of the products in question are being urged not to use it, and to instead visit the Nuby UK website and fill in the product recall form to arrange for a return and refund.

Alternatively, shoppers can return it to a either supermarket where a full refund will be given — a receipt is not required.

In a statement Tesco added: "Nuby is recalling 2 batch codes of its Incredible Gulp cups.

Most read in The Sun

MAJOR SHOCK

New evidence about chief Maddie suspect leaves investigators 'shocked'

STILL GOING

Only Fools' Nicholas Lyndhurst denies he's retired after son’s tragic death

SCUM BACK TO MINE

Labour deputy Angela Rayner spotted leaving flat with married MP lover

HATE-Y PRICE

Katie Price faces PRISON after sending 'gutter s***' text to ex about fiancee

“This is because there’s a small chance that the silicone straw and spout in the lid of the cup may be damaged, so it could become a potential choking hazard."

Hundreds of concerned parents have shared the post, with many urging their friends to check the bottles.

After being tagged in a post, one said: "Thanks for noticing mate I'll take it back! New as well."

Another commented: "Another day another recalled product."

A third added : "I threw the one I brought away as my granddaughter seemed to be struggling with it and I did not want to take the risk of her choking."

More information about the products can be found here.

    Source: Read Full Article