A night out for ten costs £60 a head on average, according to one new poll. But you can make merry for less with these great tips.
- Bargain bundle. It pays to think about drink beforehand so you don’t have to whine when you see the prices. Check out the brilliant booze bundles at Bella Italia restaurants. There, three bottles of party prosecco cost just £49.99. Three bottles of wine are £34.99 or get six beers for under £20. Split the bill between the group and Yule be quids in.
Save: £18.86 off the normal price of three bottles of rosé wine.
- Speedy saving. You don’t have to miss out if you haven’t yet got anything planned. Book a night at Italian restaurant chain Ask before Friday and you will get 20 per cent off the Christmas menu (not including Friday or Saturday night). Christmas tables come with fun photo props for a special group selfie.
Save: £23.94 when a group of six has the three-course festive menu.
- Drink up. Grab a free tipple to kick off your party. Have each of your group sign up to the All Bar One newsletter and, from December 12, you can get a mulled cider on the house. (In Scotland, get a money-off voucher.) Pre-book a group December drinks deal to cut down spending at the bar. Or get one of All Bar One’s drinks packages. Its “bronze” deal includes a bottle of wine and five Peroni beers for £40.
Save: Around £5 off beer and wine with the bronze deal.
- Check the Wether. Looking for a Christmas cracker of a venue for your night out? Go to a JD Wetherspoon pub and cash in on its three-for-£10 menu, which you can share around. Its mouthwatering festive meals, such as stuffed turkey and pig-in-blanket pizza, come with a drink too.
Save: £10 when a group of four gets free merlot red wine with each festive menu meal.
- Be a party planner. It’s snow joke having to arrange a Christmas do and collect deposits from everyone in your group. But book at Frankie & Benny’s for a group of six or more and the organiser gets a free meal-for-two voucher to use in January. Not a bad reward for your efforts. And the restaurant won’t ask you for a deposit either.
Save: Around £25 with the meal-for-two voucher.
- PRICES on this page are correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers are subject to availability.
£15K to win for XMAS – how do I enter?
HAVE a Christmas to remember thanks to our latest sensational Sun Savers competition.
We’re giving THREE lucky readers £5,000 each towards their festive expenses.
Bag our prize and you won’t need to worry about all the presents, the big food shop or any decorations you want to put up.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, December 11.
Enter the codes on the Sun Savers app or website. After your tenth code, head back to the “Win Christmas” page found in the “Offers” section and click “Enter” there.
Make sure you enter before midnight on Monday, December 17 when the competition closes.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. If you’re not already a Sun Savers member then sign up today and get involved.
T&Cs apply – to read in full, see sunsavers.co.uk.
Deal of the day
ENJOY Tesco’s Musical Lantern Tin with choc chip cookies (375g). Was £10, now £5. Until December 18.
SNACK on Ritz Tomato & Herb crackers from Morrisons. Was £1.49, now just £1. Ends December 30.
My Sun Savers fiver
KELLY BRINE, from Melksham, Wilts, says: “I am saving up my Savers fivers to take my daughter to meet Mickey Mouse next year.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
START your day with a bowl of Tesco Multigrain Hoops Cereal and save on Cheerios.
Reader's saving tip
SUSA MUNN, from Birmingham, says: “Slice fresh lemons, lay them on a tray flat and freeze. Then put them in a freezer bag for instant ice-and-a-slice to chill your drinks.”
- Send your suggestions to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and your town.
Shop & save
CLEAN up with Blitz (double pack), on offer in Waitrose. Was £3, now £2.50. Deal ends January 1, 2019.
Hot right now
GET a free winter car check at Halfords, worth £15.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.