MARTIN Lewis has revealed how savvy shoppers can get £173.50 worth of Christmas presents for just £42.
As well as nabbing more than 20 different gifts for that price, the clever trick from the MoneySavingExpert founder marks an impressive saving of £131.50, or 75 per cent.
Martin explained how the saving hack works after a woman asked for his help on what she should do with her Boots Advantage Card points, worth £31.
Instead of buying individual presents, the money expert recommended the shopper put her points towards the No7 Advent Calendar from Boots, priced at £42.
For this price, Martin said you’ll be getting £160 worth of goods for your money.
However, Boots claims the individual products actually add up to £173.50.
Kelly Ellis tweeted: "I’ve got £31 of points on my @BootsUK Advantage card.
"Do I save it for Christmas presents or do I just totally spend it on myself and get the No7 advent calendar? @MartinSLewis can you decide for me?"
Martin replied: "Buy the advent calendar as it has £160 worth of stuff for £42 then rip it apart and use the contents to give as Christmas presents."
Sadly for Kelly, the advent calendar is slightly out of her price range if she wants to redeem her Boots points as you can’t use the Advantage Card to part-pay for a product.
This means you need to have the full cash equivalent in points to pay for the item you want.
What's in the Boots advent calendar?
HERE'S everything you'll find behind each door of the Boots advent calendar:
- No7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil Black
- No7 Intense Volume Mascara Black
- No7 Precision Lips Pencil Nude
- No7 Skin Illuminator Nude
- No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eyeliner Black
- No7 Airbrush Away Primer
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Day Cream
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Night Cream
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Eye Cream
- No7 Instant Results Revitalising Hydrogel Eye Masks
- No7 High Shine Lip Gloss Naturally Nude
- No7 Gel Finish Nail Colour Midnight
- No7 Powder Blusher Damson Mist
- No7 Lash Impact TM Lash Serum Voucher
- No7 Nourishing Nail & Cuticle Care
- No7 Radiant Results Revitalising Cleansing Wipes
- No7 Laboratories LINE CORRECTING Booster Serum
- No7 Instant Results Revitalising Peel-Off Mask
- No7 Radiant Results Revitalising Daily Face Polish
- No7 High Shine Lip Crayon
- No7 Slanted Tweezers
- No7 Flawless Finish Blending Sponge
- No7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow Voucher
The advent calendar is also currently sold out online but there's limited stock available in stores.
You can see if your nearest Boots has one on its website using the "find a store" option, and then contacting your local shop.
Last year the calendar sold out within three days.
Thankfully Boots isn’t the only retailer where you can save big by stocking up on advent calendars.
The Body Shop’s Dream Big advent calendar costs £99 but has £250 worth of goodies inside – a saving of £151.
While Marks and Spencer is doing an advent calendar for £40 and it has £300 worth of products – a massive £260 advantage.
The only catch is you need to spend £25 in store or online to buy the calendar.
Earlier this week, Martin Lewis appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain to urge parents to claim £2,000 a year free childcare for kids under 11.
The MoneySavingExpert boss has also revealed why now is the ideal time to book Christmas train tickets.
Martin's also been vocal on why households should switch energy suppliers now before the cheapest deals disappear.
Source: Read Full Article