Disgraced actor Kevin Spacey may have been hit with formal sexual assault charges —but apparently that doesn’t stop his audience.
On Monday — the same day Spacey was charged with sexually assaulting a teen boy in 2016 — the actor took to social media for the first time in more than a year. His strange YouTube video, titled “Let Me Be Frank,” racked up a whopping 4.5 million views in 24 hours.
The Oscar winner had been radio silent since October 2017, when “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp first spoke up with allegations against Spacey, but returned with a seasonal splash, clad in a spirited Santa Claus apron.
“I know what you want — you want me back,” Spacey purrs to creepy effect.
In the video, which has since swelled to more than 6.4 million views, Spacey defends himself in-character as Frank Underwood (his Emmy-nominated part on Netflix’s “House of Cards.”) In the world of the show, Underwood is himself a sexual-assaulter and murderer, which makes him an odd choice as an avatar for claiming innocence.
“Of course, some believed everything and have been just waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all,” Spacey says. “They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Only you and I both know it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life.”
Appropriately, the current top viewer comment on the YouTube video is, “2018 has been weird as hell.”
Kevin Spacey reprises 'House of Cards' character in bizarre video
Source: Read Full Article