Moments before Manchester bouncers attack revealed in new footage

New footage has today emerged of a fight which broke out between a rugby star and a group of bouncers outside a nightclub at the weekend.

The altercation, which involved young St Helens RFC ace Joe Sharratt, took place outside Factory 251 nightclub in Manchester.

The 18-year-old was left with a bleed on the brain following the fight – but is now said to be stable in hospital .

In the new clip, bouncers and teenagers can be seen in a heated exchange, which Liverpool Echo says led to the shocking brawl.

The scrap moves onto the road in Manchester city centre, before more bouncers get involved and join in, punching the clubbers.

It comes as Mr Sharratt’s parents, Jane and Brian, said their son was recovering.

Fundraiser ‘beaten up by nightclub bouncer as he queued to meet DJ Paul Chuckle’

Speaking to the BBC , Jane said the rugby player is now "sitting up and talking".

A St Helens spokesman said: "Joe is of impeccable character and is an upstanding member of our Academy system.

"He is a top academic achiever with a very bright future ahead of him alongside his rugby league prowess."

Factory 251 has terminated its contract with the security company.

In a statement, the popular nightclub said: "We are totally appalled by the distressing incident and will obviously be fully supporting the ongoing police inquiries.

"Factory is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all its customers and we will simply not tolerate this sort of behaviour from anyone directly or indirectly employed by us, whatever the circumstances.

"Door staff at Factory are employed by a third party security contractor – we have immediately terminated the service contract with the door security company regardless of the outcome of any police investigation, and will be requesting ourselves that the SIA reviews the incident in full.

"Having viewed both the CCTV footage and the video circulating on social media, we can only say that we are shocked by what we have seen. We will also be getting in touch with the young man involved and we sincerely hope that he will make a speedy recovery."

Greater Manchester Police and Manchester City Council are investigating.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • ‘Hell-hole’ Santa’s grotto
  • Triple child killer to be released
  • Eight Inches of snow
  • Missing Amy Gerard

Source: Read Full Article