SAINSBURYS is offering motorists 10p a litre off fuel before the Bank Holiday.
Drivers can save a few quid on petrol or diesel when they spend at least £60 on groceries in a single transaction in-store.
You'll also get a voucher if you have an online grocery order delivered over the same period.
Ten pence off per litre doesn't sound like a lot but the average driver could save about £5 when re-filling a tank.
Once you've spent more than £60 in stores, you'll be handed a voucher at the till.
To get the deal, you have to do your shopping between Wednesday May 1 and Tuesday May 7.
The voucher will be valid for 14 days from the date of issue.
You can only redeem the vouchers at Sainsbury's-branded forecourts – not at 'pay at the pump' transactions or at 'pay at the pump' stations, MoneySavingExpert reports.
Ways to cut down on your fuel costs
HERE are some tips on how you can slash the cost of fuel
- Make your car more fuel-efficient. You can do this by keeping your tyres inflated, taking the roof rack off, emptying your car of clutter and turning off your air con when driving at lower speeds.
- Find the cheapest fuel prices. PetrolPrices.com and Confused.com allows you to search prices of UK petrol stations. All you need to do is enter in your postcode and tell it how far you want to travel (up to 20 miles).
- Drive more efficiently. Some ways to do this, include:
- Accelerate gradually without over-revving
- Always drive on the highest possible gear
- If you can, allow your car to slow down naturally as your brake is a money burner
- Re-starting your car is expensive, if you can keep moving
We've looked around for any other supermarket fuel deals this weekend and only Morrisons have announced so far.
Ashley Myers, head of fuel for Morrisons, said: "Many customers are driving during the Bank Holiday weekend and we want to help them save when they fill up."
Source: Read Full Article