Anton Ferdinand subjected to sickening racial abuse on social media after plugging his new anti-racism TV documentary

ANTON FERDINAND has been racially abused — days before his racism documentary is aired.

Ferdinand, 35, was abused on Instagram after plugging Anton Ferdinand: Football, Racism and Me, which will be screened by the BBC on Monday.


He posted: “In the doc, I explore the issue of racial abuse in the game, talking about my own experiences for the first time and what can be done to help players coming through today!”

Abuser ‘grubiy234’, who appears to be a Chelsea fan, responded with banana and monkey emojis.

The incident has been reported to the social media platform.

Ferdinand was at QPR when he was allegedly on the receiving end of racist abuse from Chelsea’s John Terry during a London derby nine years ago.

Terry refuted the claims and was cleared of them in court.

Last week, Terry again denied the allegations after Carlton Cole said he admitted calling Ferdinand a 'black c***' in 'a moment of madness'.

A statement for Terry said: “They are false and never happened and Mr Terry has previously been cleared of these allegations in a court of law.

“Never before has Carlton Cole mentioned this to Mr Terry or raised any issue of this type with him, the FA or the police.

“The reason for that is because the words were not said.”

Despite being cleared in court, Terry got a four-game ban by the FA and fined £220,000.

He also lost the England captaincy.

Over the weekend, Ferdinand opened up about his racism hell ahead of the documentary's release.

The former QPR star revealed his mum received death threats and bricks were thrown at her house.

It got so bad, Ferdinand admitted he 'subconsciously blamed himself' for his mum's death due to cancer.

Source: Read Full Article