ENGLAND'S first half with Romania was halted after a topless pitch invader gave the fans something to cheer.
In an opening drab 45 minutes, viewers joked that the culprit provided the best entertainment of the match so far.
WIN £50,000! Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
The man forced his way onto the field towards the end of the first period and was encouraged by those inside the Riverside Stadium.
With stewards chasing him down, the man ran for around 50-yards before he was eventually caught and escorted out.
Supporters, who had little to cheer up until that moment, greeted his arrival on the field with a rendition of 'you fat b******'.
ITV commentators were then forced to apologise to viewers watching at home for the language from fans.
Others flocked to social media to joke that they were finally entertained following a goalless half of football.
One said: "Best entertainment so far… an invader on the pitch."
Another added: "England v Romania first half notable moments: Pitch Invader. That is all."
- 🏆WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- ⚽️Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- 🏴Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- ⚽️Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- 🏴Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- ⚽️Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams
A third wrote: "Chanting 'you fat b******' at the pitch invader is top Sunday night entertainment on ITV isn't it though?"
Boss Gareth Southgate named a weakened side in England's final game before the Euros get underway next Friday.
They flattered to deceive in the first half but did rattle the bar twice through Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Jadon Sancho.
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
Source: Read Full Article