KELL BROOK'S blockbuster bout to face WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford has been confirmed to take place on November 14.
The Brit star, 34, will have to move back to 147lbs after failing to secure a world title fight at super-welterweight.
And he knows he will have to inflict a first professional defeat on the 34-year-old American if he wishes to become a two-time world champ.
SunSport reported last month how the two fighters were in talks about a potential dust-up, where Brook would pocket £1.6million.
The contest has now been confirmed, with ex-IBF king Brook stating he isn't concerned about going into the bout as an underdog.
He said: "I've been told there are people writing off my chances, questioning my age, and my ability to make the weight.
"Well, let them talk. Some people focus on reading headlines, I focus on making headlines.
"Those people writing me off as a big underdog? No problem. I guess this big dog will be making a few people richer during a difficult time.
"Terence isn't too much younger than me.
"They know that I've never ducked a challenge, and they should know that I've never failed to make 147 on the scales.
"With age comes experience. My knowledge and experience make me a diﬀerent ﬁghter, a more mature ﬁghter.
"Couple that with a happy fighter, and you've got yourself a dangerous fighter."
Crawford – who has won all of his 36 contests in the paid ranks – has stopped his last seven opponents, which has included the likes of Amir Khan, Jose Benavidez Jr and Julius Indongo.
But his promoter Bob Arum believes that the Special One will be a big test for the Nebraska native.
He said: "Kell Brook is one of the elite fighters in the world. He has faced so many of the top boxers.
“He is a real test for pound-for-pound great Terence Crawford. This is another premium fight that will be available to boxing fans for no extra charge live on ESPN.”
Source: Read Full Article