LIVERPOOL legends Steven Gerrard and Rafa Benitez are reportedly on Everton’s shortlist to replace Carlo Ancelotti.
The Athletic claims Toffees chiefs are exploring numerous options as they hunt for a new boss.
WIN £50,000! Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game this summer
And they could turn to one of Anfield's favourite sons in their bid to reach Europe.
Ancelotti stunned Everton when he returned to LaLiga giants Real Madrid this week as Zinedine Zidane's replacement.
The Toffees had been planning for new signings under the Italian tactician.
And they are now eager to quickly appoint a new gaffer so they don’t lose ground in the transfer market.
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
It’s believed Gerrard has caught Everton’s eye after his incredible season with Rangers.
The Glasgow outfit stormed to the Scottish title with an unbeaten campaign.
And despite being tipped to eventually replace Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool, Gerrard could instead find himself in the blue half of Merseyside.
Likewise, Benitez has also made Everton's list despite being regarded as a Liverpool legend for winning the Champions League in 2005.
- 🏆WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- ⚽️Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- 🏴Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- ⚽️Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- 🏴Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- ⚽️Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams
The Spaniard is out of work after leaving Chinese side Dalian Pro in January.
But his fine spell with Newcastle between 2016 and 2019 has not been forgotten by other Premier League sides.
Everton will now look to get a new manager in as soon as possible.
But there are a host of other names on their shortlist, including former boss and West Ham gaffer David Moyes.
Another ex-manager, Roberto Martinez, is also of interest, with former Wolves tactician Nuno Espirito Santo and Ajax chief Erik ten Hag linked too.
Source: Read Full Article