CRISTIANO RONALDO has completed a sensational return to Manchester United after walking out on Juventus.
Premier League champions Manchester City pulled out of the running on Friday, despite being tipped to sign the wantaway striker.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then left the door open to a shock transfer this morning when discussing the former Red Devils striker.
He stated: "I didn't think Cristiano was going to leave Juventus. But if ever he is going to move away from Juventus he knows we are here.
"We've always had a good communication, Bruno [Fernandes] has been talking to him as well. He knows how we feel about him.
"He is a legend of this club, the greatest players of all time if you ask me. So let’s see what happens with him."
A medical in Lisbon was quickly planned as he flew into the Portuguese capital on his private jet.
And the club announced an agreement with Juventus to seal the transfer, subject to personal terms, a visa, and the completion of the medical.
BETTING SPECIAL – GET £50 IN FREE BETS WITH WILLIAM HILL
SunSport understands United have handed the five-time Ballon d'Or winner a two-year contract at the Theatre of Dream.
Former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly played a big role in Ronaldo's stunning return, contacting the player personally on Friday morning.
The forward, 36, said his goodbyes to his Juventus colleagues after informing coach Massimiliano Allegri of his decision to leave the Allianz Stadium.
Allegri told to reporters: "Yesterday Cristiano told me that he has no intention of continuing at Juventus. I am absolutely not disappointed. He has made his choice."
Juve were ready to offload Ronaldo's huge £900,000-a-week salary from their wage bill having incurred heavy losses during the pandemic.
Paris Saint-Germain and City were the early favourites for the deal as he boarded his private jet with agent Jorge Mendes.
But the Etihad side decided against pursuing the deal amid concerns of being drawn into a bidding war against Ronaldo's old club.
Solskjaer's remarks that United were keen on the deal led to City abandoning any hopes of signing the player.
SunSport revealed earlier in the week that the Portugal international wanted £510,000-a-week to join City but reports in Italy suggest a £410,000-a-week contract is on offer from the Red Devils.
Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani are not expected to be involved in the deal, despite previously being Juventus targets.
The Athletic report that the transfer bid will break down into a £12.75m up-front payment and £8.65m in add-ons.
City boss Pep Guardiola had remarked that 'anything can happen' before his club ended their bid, telling reporters: "All I can say is I think there are three or four days left, anything can happen.
"But in my personal view there are few players, Ronaldo is included as is Messi, and they decide where they are going to play.
"They lead in the negotiations and right now that is my feeling. I am more delighted with the squad I have and we will stay the same."
⚽ Read our Transfer news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Source: Read Full Article