MILLWALL defender Harry Ransom has been charged by the FA for allegedly racially abusing QPR defender Lewis Walker.
Walker, the son of former England star Des, claims he was abused during an under-23 match between the two clubs last month.
SunSport understands the 20-year-old believes he was called a "n*****" by the young Millwall defender in the match at the South London club's training ground.
The game was stopped according to the protocols surrounding incidents of alleged discrimination before QPR decided to continue with the match.
A report was lodged with the FA at the end of the game, who immediately launched an investigation – and now Ransom, 20, has been hit with a charge by the governing body.
The incident is thought to only have been witnessed by the two players concerned, and Millwall have vowed to vigorously defend their player who insists he did not do anything wrong.
A Millwall statement said: "Millwall Football Club notes the decision of The FA to charge its U23s defender, Harry Ransom, following an alleged breach of Rules E3(1) and E3(2) in relation to an incident during a game against QPR U23s on Tuesday 29th October 2019.
"The club conducted an immediate investigation of its own, liaising with all parties including QPR, and has fully assisted with The FA’s enquiries into the matter.
"A full written response to the charge is currently being formulated and the club can confirm it will be contested in the strongest possible manner. The club remains in complete support of Harry.
"No further comment will be made at this time."
An FA spokesperson said: "Harry Ransom has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3.
"It is alleged that the Millwall FC U23s player used abusive and/or insulting language, which was contrary to FA Rule E3(1), during a Professional Development League game against Queens Park Rangers FC U23s on Tuesday 29 October 2019.
"It is further alleged that the language constituted an ‘Aggravated Breach’, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included a reference to colour and/or race.
"The defender has until 6 December 2019 to provide a response."
Source: Read Full Article