KATIE Price has been left furious after she was wrongly told it was OK to give her late puppy CBD oil before its tragic death.
Rolo died in July after falling asleep underneath a chair and suffocating.
Katie and her daughter Princess, 13, were devastated, and the mum-of-five has since been told the CBD oil she administered to the pup might have made it drowsy and seek out a quiet space.
She told the Mirror: “This simply can never ever happen again.”
And a source said of the tragedy: “As awful as it sounds, this will bring some comfort to Katie in understanding why Rolo crawled into the space.
“She feels let down too by a system that allows CBD oil to be marketed for pets despite it being illegal. Katie had backlash, hate mail, death threats and trolling over Rolo’s tragic passing."
A spokesman for Katie reportedly said she had been told the oil was safe for pups and is now committed to working with groups to raise awareness.
Meanwhile the breeder that sold Katie the pup reportedly admitted to being unaware the oil was illegal.
But they insisted that there was nothing in it to make the dog drowsy and that they told Katie to only give Rolo a drop.
The Sun has contacted a representative for Katie for comment.
The 42-year-old reality star bought her daughter the adorable dog for her 13th birthday.
A source told The Sun Online the pet was discovered at their Surrey home after the sad accident.
They explained: "Rolo was found dead by Harvey's carer and they had to phone Katie to break the news.
"Katie is devastated and heartbroken and had to call Princess and break the news. Everyone's in floods of tears.
"It was a tragic accident nobody could have foreseen – it's no-one's fault, but Katie can't stop crying."
Katie's daughter Princess has paid tribute to her puppy in an emotional post on Instagram.
The youngster posted a series of pictures of Rolo with the words: "Rip baby boy I love you so much u meant everything to me miss you already 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️ @katieprice ❤️😭😭❤️"
The accident happened five months after another of the family's dogs, Alsatian Sparkle, was killed running into a busy road.
Animal lover Katie also has an Alsatian called Blade, who works as a protection dog and sleeps in the star's room.
Another dog, Queenie, died in tragic circumstances in 2018, when she was struck by a delivery diver.
Princess, who is Katie's daughter with singer and TV star Peter Andre, had said she wanted to give her puppy the "best life".
Source: Read Full Article