Daily Star TV gives you all the latest interviews and spoilers and Ed Gleave will send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! star Naughty Boy has certainly got viewers talking with his antics on the show, infuriating people by ditching his campmates to go to the main camp.
But his life off screen is just as interesting as his controversial behaviour, as fans may not know that he had a successful appearance on Deal or No Deal back in 2007, bagging nearly £50,000.
He has also opened up about his mum's devastating battle with dementia, which has seen him take care of her despite his busy music career.
As Naughty Boy steals the show in the castle, Daily Star has taken a look through his Hollywood lifestyle.
Finding Fame on Deal or No Deal
While the music producer is best known for his high-profile music collaborations, Naughty Boy’s first taste of television fame came in 2007 when he was invited to be a contestant on Deal Or No Deal.
The now 36-year-old took home a whopping £44,000 after making a deal with the banker, despite only having £15k in his box.
And it looks like presenter Noel Edmonds was a huge fan of the star even before he was famous, saying Naughty Boy’s game had been “one of the most enjoyable” ones he could remember..’
In a clip from his episode, Noel and Shadid shared an exchange about his dream to become a music producer if he won money on the show.
"I've always had a natural ability to make melodies since I was a kid but I never really utilised it,” said Shadid.
Noel replied: "You want to help people with your music?"
"It could be a long way away, but I'm allowed to dream,” added Shadid.
Speaking about how he spent his winnings, Naughty Boy shared: “The money gave me two and a half years of not working. It bought me time. To be honest, money can only give you time unless you want to put it in an investment.
“I wanted to invest in myself to become a musician. I wanted to understand how to make music on a computer.”
It was later reported that he spent the money on recording equipment and created a studio in his mum’s shed.
And Shahid definitely put it to good use as he has since worked with the likes of Sam Smith and Beyoncé.
One Direction feud
The war of words between the music producer and One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik began back in 2015 when Zayn announced that he was leaving One Direction in order to live the life of an “ordinary 22-year-old”.
But just a few days later, the singer was spotted in the studio with Naughty Boy just before it emerged that Zayn had signed to RCA records, signalling that he wasn't just taking a break he was fully intending to launch a solo career.
With rumours swirling, Naughty Boy, 36, shared an old Soundcloud recording featuring Zayn Malik, and fans assumed it was a preview of Zayn's solo work, which prompted a backlash from Malik’s bandmate Louis.
Louis said: “Wow @NaughtyBoyMusic you're so inconsiderate pal, seriously how f**king old are you? Grow up! #masterofallwisdom.”
Bitter swipes continues online with Louis mocking a picture of Naughty Boy and Zayn and Naughty Boy implying that Louis could not sing.
Soon after, Zayn came out and called the producer a “fat joke” who was “pretending they were friends”.
Louis then completely smashed up a piñata with Naughty Boy's face on it at a One Direction concert in Kansas City. Liam Payne also sat on it.
Naughty Boy claims to be maintaining a “dignified silence” about the feud.
Lonely battle with mum's dementia
Naughty Boy showed fan’s he’s in fact a very good boy to his beloved mum Zahida who suffers from Dementia.
The chart-topper, 36, who lives with his mum, actually turned down a spot on last year’s I’m A Celebrity series because he refused to leave his mother and her carer alone over the Covid lockdowns.
He later admitted: “I was gutted I wasn’t able to do the show last year.
“We were in and out of lockdown and, with so much anxiety, it just didn’t feel like the right time.
“I had to understand dementia in a different way.”
It’s been reported that Naughty Boy has packed himself a pillow with his mum’s face as his luxury item to take into the Welsh Castle.
He explained that he has signed up to help raise awareness for charity Dementia UK, inspired by his 68-year-old mother who was diagnosed with vascular dementia after suffering a stroke in 2017.
Speaking about his mum, the star said: “She has been very well, and it is going to be difficult for me being away. But that said, I think the break will be good for both of us.”
Since buying some music equipment with his Deal or No Deal winnings, Shadid when on to become Naughty Boy – a hit DJ and record producer.
His incredible success has seen him work with artists including Rihanna, Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson.
The rapper released his debut album, titled Hotel Cabana, in 2013, which featured collaborations with Gabrielle and Ed Sheeran.
His song, “La La La”, won Best Song and best Video at the MOBO Awards.
As a featured artist, Naughty Boy worked with X-Factor 2017 winners Rak Su on Dimelo and it reached number two in the UK charts.
Naughty boy has since worked on records for X Factor star Leona Lewis, JLS, Cheryl, Alesha Dixon and Tinie Tempah, among many others.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
- Naughty Boy
- I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Source: Read Full Article