Nick Knowles has become the sixth star to leave I’m A Celebrity 2018.
The DIY SOS presenter was kicked out of the jungle after receiving the fewest votes from the public.
Speaking to hosts Holly Willoughby and Declan Donnelly, Nick suggested the ITV show could be a good antidote to Brexit.
Nick looked very surprised when the result was announced, while Fleur East was gobsmacked after a narrow escape.
The 56-year-old lasted nearly three weeks in the jungle camp and hugged his emotional campmates as he left.
The presenter said he wanted to prove that there isn’t a split in the UK and a diverse group of people can get along.
He said: “I am feeling a really good, I am wide awake after an early morning shower.
“I wanted to see if we could make friends and if we could show we could all get on it might be a point to prove to people back in Britain.”
Asked why he took charge of camp a lot, Nick said: “I had just done more stuff in the wild than they have. Especially with the cooking you dont want to mess up the cooking.
“The skils are trasnferrable and they are all brilliant in there now.
“I think that surprised me is the stuff you dont see day to day like lugging the wood and the water up a hill.”
He also admitted that Noel Edmond’s arrival into camp had changed the group dynamic.
Whilst in camp Nick got a number one single after a campaign to make him top the charts by Chris Moyles.
On the news he said: “Even if it is for comedy value, thank you very much. It is ridiculousness and and very funny.
“It is a thing ticked off my list. I am hoping Fleur comes out and brings out an album that goes to number one and so does James.”
Nick said the hardest part was the boredom in camp as there was lots of waiting around and being leader meant he could not do any chores for a number of days.
Looking ahead to who would be made king or queen in camp, he said: “I think it would have to be Fleur or Harry to win, Fleur is talented and has amazing abiities, Harry is the most amazing storyteller and is going to be booked on every panel show out there.”
Harry Redknapp, Emily Atack, James McVey, Fleur East and John Barrowan are now left in the jungle, with the king or queen of the jungle will be announced on Sunday night.
Deal or No Deal presenter Noel Edmonds, Hollyoaks actor Malique Thompson-Dwyer, Coronation Street star Sair Khan, former EastEnders actress Rita Simons and The Chase’s Anne Hegerty have also been given the boot.
Nick caused some controversy with his opinions during the series, such as his denial of the moon landings.
Surprisingly there were a lack of conspiracy theories around tonight after the result was announced.
Earlier in the week, Dec poked fun at "conspiracy theories" over the I’m A Celebrity exits that have popped up on social media.
He also took to Twitter to hit back at ‘fix’ claims after some viewers claimed Sair Khan knew she was going because she had ‘done her hair’.
Cheeky Dec joked: "If the conspiracy theories are anything to go by whoever had their backpack on."
However, ITV have confirmed that all the campmates get their bags ready just in case they are given the boot.
Mirror Online revealed the truth behind the confusing incident, with a well-placed ITV source revealing it wasn’t just Malique who has his bags packed.
"All the contestants pack up whatever they want to bring with them before Dec and Holly go into camp," the insider said.
“Malique was the only contestant with his backpack on but if you looked around camp there were lots of other bags packed on the floor ready to go.
“It is also up to contestants exactly how much of their stuff they want to take out of camp.
“It looked like Malique put his bag on as he knew there was a good chance it would be him.
"He was the least famous of the people in there and hadn’t made a big impression.”
I’m A Celebrity airs tonight on ITV at 9pm
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
I’m A Celebrity 2018
Source: Read Full Article