A contestant on TV series Wipeout has died after completing the gameshow’s obstacle course, it has been confirmed.
The contestant had gone into cardiac arrest on Wednesday after taking to the course and their death was confirmed by a spokesperson for US network TBS and Wipeout’s production company Endemol North America.
Variety reports that the contestant had completed the obstacle course, but required medical attention one they had finished.
On-site emergency professionals had attended to the contestant, according to sources, with paramedics then being called to set and the contestant being take to hospital.
No further details surrounding the contestant and their death has been given.
Wipeout is a US game show that sees contestants compete against each other as they try to complete the world’s largest obstacle course set to push its competitors to the extreme.
It had originally aired on ABC in 2008 until 2014, with TBS confirming in April, earlier this year, that the show would be returning.
The revamped series confirmed former WWE wrestler and actor John Cena as its host, alongside comedian Nicole Byer.
Addressing the show’s return, Cena had said in a statement: ‘I couldn’t be more excited for what’s in store for this radically absurd show that has its own fair share of legendary face-plants.
‘The power of Wipeout is its ability to gather people of all backgrounds for fast paced, physical fun! I look forward to seeing fan responses both new and existing.’
He continued: ‘This’ll be a hosting experience unlike anything I’ve ever done! I can’t wait to get started in rooting for our contestants!’
MORE : I’m A Celebrity 2020: Vernon Kay screams F-word during live trial after being told not to swear
MORE : Gogglebox viewers baffled as mystery ‘Steven’ joins Lee and Jenny – but it all makes sense
Source: Read Full Article