Up to 200 kids were blocking a road and throwing objects at cops in demonstrations today against the government’s education reforms.
Six people were arrested during the unrest while one passerby was injured, reports local media.
Bordeaux was one of several cities across France where anti-government protests were held over the weekend.
On Saturday, the city’s cathedral was spray-painted with the phrase “Macron resign”.
Two people were arrested and one police officer was among six injured during the demonstrations which saw around 300 tear gas bombs fired by cops, reports Sudouest.fr.
Paris saw the worst of the unrest which has been compared to the infamous protests in May 1968 – when a workers' strike paralysed the country for seven weeks and turned the capital into a warzone.
Last weekend, right-wing thugs and masked anarchists joined the "Yellow Vest" fuel price protesters- vandalising buildings such as the Arc de Triomphe and torching cars.
In the second week of violence, the anti-government rioters, who threw hammers and steel bolts at officers, said their movement was "the start of a revolution".
Yves Lefebvre, a member of the Unité SGP police union, told France Info radio that security forces at the weekend were exhausted by the carnage.
He said: "The (officers) don’t want to remain as the last rampart against insurrection. We can’t take it – I call on the president to face up to his responsibilities."
The “yellow vest” movement, named after the high-visibility jackets of lorry drivers, said that they would return to the capital next weekend.
And there have been calls online to block roads and oil refineries around the country while other demonstrators plan to march on the Élysée Palace.
Frederic Lagache, of the Alliance police union, called for a state of emergency to be called and for "army reinforcements" to guard national monuments.
The move would give more powers to the security forces, ranging from stop-and-searches to carrying out raids on the homes of suspected rioters.
French leader Emmanuel Macron summoned his senior ministers and policy chiefs to an emergency meeting on Sunday to discuss how to deal with the carnage.
Michel Delpuech, chief of the city’s police, said that central Paris had been overwhelmed “by violence of unprecedented gravity, at a level not reached in recent decades”, reports The Times.
He said the mobile gendarmerie and CRS riot police had failed to stop the unrest as men, who police have branded "professional" rioters, aged in their thirties and forties hurled projectiles at them.
Mr Macron told Christophe Castaner, the interior minister, to “adapt the methods used for maintaining order” following concerns that cops had failed to contain the rampaging protesters.
Graffiti was sprayed on the iconic Arc de Triomphe calling for Macron's resignation ahead of his tour through the scenes of destruction.
Footage emerged today showing a cowering protester being battered by baton-wielding police who chased him down a Parisian street during the weekend's violence.
In the disturbing video, the unnamed man is chased by cops in Rue de Berri, a half-mile from the Arc de Triomphe, before being thrown to the ground by one officer.
Another six policemen then join him in kicking the demonstrator and striking him with batons.
It is not known what sparked the beating which was filmed by an onlooker from a window across the street.
Burnt out cars also littered the streets of the French capital.
Inspecting the graffiti-covered monument after he returned from the G20 summit, President Macron was booed by protesters after more than 12 hours of violence.
There were more than 400 arrests and up to a 130 serious injuries – including 23 police officers.
Reports have indicated the CRS, the French riot police, used "grenades" to gain control of the Parisian streets and stop the protesters.
Looters and thugs wearing masks and carrying clubs and axes rampaged through luxury boutiques, chemists and supermarkets.
The police responded with water canon, tear gas and bloody baton charges.
France last declared a State of Emergency in 2015 – which lasted until November 2017 – following terrorist attacks by ISIS extremists.
"Nothing is a taboo," said Interior Minister Christophe Castaner.
"We are studying all the procedures that would allow us to be more secure. I’m prepared to look at everything."
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours
Source: Read Full Article