More than 200 Brits leave Wuhan on final rescue flight amid coronavirus outbreak

A chartered flight carrying more than 200 people has left Wuhan in China and is on the way to the UK.

The plane will arrive back to the UK in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It will be the last evacuation flight out of Wuhan, the Foreign Office announced shortly before 8pm this evening.

"We are pleased to confirm the final evacuation flight out of Wuhan has now departed with over 200 passengers, including British government and medical staff, on board," the governmental department said in a statement.

"It is due to arrive in the UK in the early hours of Sunday morning."


  • 'Coronavirus patient' filmed being 'dragged from home by officials' as 86 die in a day

  • Rats chew breathing tube giving oxygen to horrified mum's newborn baby

There have been three cases of coronavirus in the UK so far.

When the plane touches down tomorrow the passengers will be taken to Kents Hill Park, a training and conference venue on the outskirts of Milton Keynes.

No one showing symptoms has been allowed to board the plane, Milton Keynes University Hospitals NHS Trust said in a bid to assuage the concerns of locals.

Five British family members have been diagnosed with coronavirus during a ski holiday in France, including the first UK child to catch the potentially deadly bug.



  • Coronavirus: Woman hacks at police with cleaver after refusing to go into quarantine

They were infected by a middle-aged British relative who caught the virus at a business conference in Singapore and met them in Contamines-Montjoie, in the French Alps, on January 24 for four days before travelling back to the UK.

They all stayed in the same ski chalet.

The five patients were taken to hospitals in Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Grenoble on Friday night and were in a stable condition in isolation on Saturday, according to health officials.

The announcement came after a British family-of-four was hospitalised in Majorca as possible cases after coming into contact with a person who recently tested positive in France.

It was unclear whether there was a link between the Brits in the French Alps and those on the Spanish island, which includes two girls aged seven and 10, and a 46-year-old man.

Across the globe there have been more than 34,500 confirmed cases of the disease, which was first reported in the Chinese city of Wuhan.

In total, more than 700 have died.

Source: Read Full Article