Self-isolating Brits will be entitled to financial support until March 2022

SELF-isolating Brits will continue to be entitled to financial support until March 2022, the Health Secretary confirmed.

Sajid Javid told Brits today that the Government will give "practical and financial support" to those who are self-isolating with Covid and are eligible for aid until next year.

People who have been told to self-isolate but can't work from home – and aren't eligible for sick pay – could find themselves in a difficult financial situation.

But there are several grants and benefits you may be eligible to claim instead – including a one-off payment of £500.

And the Government have confirmed that this aid will continue into the winter months.

Sajid Javid told the Commons today: "As well as maintaining the current legal requirements for positive cases and unvaccinated contacts to self-isolate, the Government will continue to offer practical and financial support to those who are eligible and require assistance to self-isolate.

"The Government will review the future of these regulations as well as this support by the end of March 2022."

You might be able to get statutory sick pay (SSP) if you're isolating due to the pandemic, even if you aren't sick yourself.

SSP is £96.35 per week and it is paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks.

However, this doesn't apply to self-employed workers.

If you don't qualify for sick pay, you may be eligible for a one-off payment of £500 through the Coronavirus Self-Isolation Payment.

You must be self-isolating, or caring for a child who has been told to stay home, and be unable to work from home.

To get the Coronavirus Self-Isolation Payment you also have to be in receipt of certain benefits or on a low income.

Employment Support Allowance (ESA) is usually given to people who have a disability or health condition that affects how much they can work.

But you might also be able to access ESA if you were unable to work while self-isolating or shielding because of Covid.

ESA is a contributory benefit, meaning you must have paid national insurance in the two full tax years before the year you are claiming in.

You can apply for ESA online, as long as you have your national insurance number and your bank details.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article