'Wonderful' boy, 3, dies after horror crash claimed the life of his sister, 4, as they headed home from birthday party

TRIBUTES have been paid to a "wonderful" three-year-old boy who died in a horror crash that also killed his sister.

Jayden-Lee Lucas was returning from a birthday party with his family when the car they were travelling in collided with a van on the M4.

The youngster was rushed to hospital but sadly died almost a week after the horror on February 5.

In a double tragedy, older sister, four-year-old Gracie-Ann Wheaton, was also killed in the crash after suffering a cardiac arrest.

The children's parents were rushed to hospital where their mother continues to receive treatment.

Cousin Jamie Lucas, 19, from Abergavenny, said: "Unfortunately, after a week of fighting, Jayden has passed away.

“He was wonderful, creative and a kind soul. Turned the grey skies blue.”

Devastated Jamie also paid tribute to little Gracie-Ann after her tragic death on behalf of the family.

Most read in The Sun


Matt LeBlanc splits from Top Gear producer girlfriend after five years together


Camilla's nickname for 'ungrateful' Meghan Markle revealed by royal expert


DOI fans fuming as Liberty Poole makes major blunder and still gets high scores


'I've no sympathy for him' – Souness slams Zouma in rant over cat-kicking shame

He said: "I’m just trying to wrap my head around the fact that she’s gone; it’s hard to believe.

“She was so young. She had a bright future ahead of her. She was such a wonderful child.

“I’m just lost for words really. How she was returning from a birthday party and all of a sudden she’s gone.”

He added: “She was very smart, she was very creative. She had a really great imagination as well. She was just fantastic to be around.”

The family were on the westbound carriageway between junctions 28 and 29 when the tragedy unfolded.

The Ford Transit driver, 41-year-old Martin Newman, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and two offences of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

He has been remanded into custody pending a hearing at Newport Crown Court on February 21.

A GoFundMe page set up to raise money for the siblings’ funeral has raised more than £11,500.

    Source: Read Full Article