Strictly’s Ashley Roberts swerves question about dance background

She’s been consistently wowing the judges and achieving high scores since Strictly Come Dancing started three months ago.

After ending up in the bottom two for the second time in two weeks on Sunday’s show, Ashley Roberts ‘ confidence has taken a battering.

There has been much controversy over Ashley’s dance background, with the former Pussycat Doll having trained and worked as a dancer prior to becoming a pop star.

After high marks kept her out of the bottom in the first 10 weeks, it appears her past dance experience may be putting off the public from voting for her and partner Pasha Kovalev .

Appearing on BBC2 spin-off show It Takes Two on Tuesday evening, host Zoe Ball questioned if Ashley’s performance background was turning viewers off.

Zoe said: "Do you think, perhaps with your dance background, means people aren’t picking up the phone?"

However, Ashley managed to swerve the question and pleaded ignorance over why the public were voting.


Sitting next to Pasha, she said: "I don’t know… I don’t know what people are picking the phone up for.

"I hope they’re just enjoying the performances."

Recalling her Quickstep on last week’s show, Ashley said she found ballroom really challenging, because she is used to dancing solo and freestyle.

She explained: "The ballroom hold has been a challenge for me. It’s the first time I’ve been able to allow him to lead. It’s new for me."

Ashley and Pasha are preparing for this weekend’s semi-final and will be performing an American Smooth to Ain’t That A Kick In The Head, as well as a Paso Doble to Spectrum (Say My Name) by Florence + The Machine.

Read More

Showbiz and TV editor’s picks

  • Coleen Nolan and Kim Woodburn ‘move on’
  • Katie Price ‘secretly engaged’
  • Amber Heard frees the nipple
  • Mariah’s messy night

Source: Read Full Article

Kevin Hart In Consideration To Host 2019 Oscars As Academy & ABC Near Decision

EXCLUSIVE: We are in uncharted territory — it’s December, and the Academy is yet to name a host for the 2019 Academy Awards on ABC, which will take place in just over two months on February 24.

I hear comedian Kevin Hart is being considered for the job and could take over emcee duties. UPDATE 5:15 PM: In an Instagram post, Hart confirmed that he will be hosting the 2019 Oscars, calling it “the opportunity of a lifetime.

The popular comedian had been open about his desire for the gig. Asked on the red carpet at the 2016 Oscars whether hosting the Academy Awards was on his bucket list, Hart said, “Of course it is, but it will happen when it’s supposed to.”

At the same ceremony, hosted by Chris Rock, Hart showed a different side with an improvised speech supporting Hollywood diversity while presenting, which was one of the highlights of the ceremony.

Hart is coming off another successful feature comedy with Night School. He has starred in several hit franchises, including Ride Along and Jumanji.

The Academy earlier this fall named Donna Gigliotti as producer, and live TV and awards show veteran director Glenn Weiss, as “co-producer.” Looking to shake up things and snap the marquee awards show’s ratings slide, Academy president John Bailey and CEO Dawn Hudson and the new producing team have pledge to bring the show in at three hours and no more, as well as presenting some categories in a radically different way than in the past.

The past two years, the Oscars was hosted by ABC’s late-night star Jimmy Kimmel, who had said he would not go for a three-peat as hosting the Academy Awards is a demanding job that takes a lot of time and energy. For that reason, because of Hart’s busy schedule, logistics have to be worked out for the actor-comedian to be able to check the Oscars off his bucket list.

Source: Read Full Article

Moment Chris Watts is handcuffed and led away for murder of his pregnant wife and two young daughters

The family murdering monster is made to face the wall of an interrogation wall before being shackled and loaded into the back of a car.

Watts pleaded guilty to murdering Shannan, Celeste and Bella to avoid the death penalty.

In the new clip, the cold-hearted killer is wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip flops as officers secure him.

Cops' Bodycam footage shows him being patted down and searched.

An officer tells him: "Chris, stand up for me, I'm going to have you face that wall."




The new video comes hours after footage of the moment police told the lying murderer he had failed a polygraph test.

And another of him calmly buying breakfast hours after the killings.

Last week video was released showing the moment Chris Watts confessed to his dad that he killed his pregnant wife – but still blaming her for their daughter's deaths.

Talking to cops in interview, Watts said he took his daughters home, gave them both showers, fed them snacks and tucked them into bed.

Hours later they were murdered, alongside their mum Shannan.

He sobbed in court as he pleaded guilty to five counts of murder in the first degree, three counts of tampering with a deceased human body, and one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy.

Earlier we revealed video of the chilling Chris Watts confessed to his dad – but still blamed his wife for their daughter's deaths.

His secret lover, Nichol Kessinger, broke down to cops after learning of his sick crimes.



 

Source: Read Full Article

These Giants played through pain, and it was noticed

Sure, they watch. Especially this time of year, when the aches and pains increase exponentially and the end of the line is right there. When the final game on the schedule is the definitive conclusion, when travel plans are made well in advance with no fear of losing out on any early-purchase deposit.

The players watch to see who has checked out. The injury list grows, and often the return to the field slows. The Giants are in the home stretch here, only four games remaining, and at 4-8, finishing 8-8 requires a closing run of 7-1, which would flip the 1-7 eyesore of the first half of the season. This is where the calendar gets dangerous for teams out of playoff contention.

“You see guys that lay down easy,’’ receiver Sterling Shepard said. “It’s easy to point those guys out and maybe think they’re not giving it their all or are not passionate about what they do. I think you can see it in some ways.’’

You can see it in many ways, most visibly by those who fall down and do not get up. Serious physical issues cannot be navigated around or toughed out with willpower. It is the painful but not debilitating ailments that players on teams out of the hunt at times — how shall we put this? — accentuate. The rush to return is lessened. One week becomes three. The stationary bike becomes a companion. The trainers’ room becomes a sanctuary.

There is only so much a head coach can do.

Pat Shurmur saw Shepard, Landon Collins and Saquon Barkley leave Sunday’s 30-27 overtime victory over the Bears after getting banged around. Shepard hurt his ribs, Collins and Barkley had to deal with shoulder concerns. All three received medical attention, missed a few snaps and finished the game. As much as the Giants winning three of their last four games is an indication Shurmur has kept the attention of his guys, seeing marquee players fight to get back in the action is as positive a sign as any his message is getting through.

“We don’t give up,’’ Collins said. “Even though our record shows what it shows, honestly I look at these guys, they don’t give up and I love that about them.’’

Sometimes the body overrules the mind, which is the case this week with Collins. His shoulder injury is significant enough that he will not play Sunday against the Redskins, and there is some doubt as to whether he will play again this season. He is the Giants’ defensive iron man, starting 59 of the 60 games played by the team since he arrived as a 2015 second-round pick from Alabama. The only game he missed was the 2017 regular-season finale. He fractured his forearm the week before.

It is better to build while winning, but the Giants lost that luxury with their rough September and October. All they can do is pick up the scraps and hope the small gains they make now lead to bigger things later, as soon as 2019.

Employing the right kind of player is a start. Shepard had trouble breathing after getting knocked around and, even after a halftime X-ray revealed no crack in his rib, he was told he was done for the day. The undersized third-year receiver had other ideas.

“Guys were fighting through a lot,’’ Shepard said. “I think Landon came out twice, being banged up and ultimately finished the game. Saquon as well. He battled through some stuff. You see that and it makes you want to do the same. They said I wasn’t going to go back out at first. But I felt like I could, so … .’’

So he returned.

Barkley, after a 2-yard gain in the fourth quarter was brought down — hard — by linebacker Roquan Smith. He missed the remainder of the series as he got checked out and some extra protection was added to his pads.

Afterward, he deflected questions about his health as forcefully as he sheds tacklers.

“This is my first year being in the NFL, but I have heard players that have been on other teams around the league that when the season’s not going your way, a lot of people call it quits,’’ Barkley said.

“You don’t get that vibe when you come in this building, when you play in a game. We love going out there competing for each other every single day and we do that no matter what, win, lose or draw. Even though it hasn’t been clicking perfectly right now, when this thing does get going, it’s going to make all of this adversity we’ve been going through so much better.’’

Sometimes this year’s adversity is next year’s payback. Sometimes this year’s adversity invades next year’s psyche. The Giants have to think pushing themselves back onto the field is not for nothing.

“If me being out there is gonna help the team get a ‘W’ I’m gonna fight through whatever I have — as long as it’s not something really, really serious, I’ll go back out there and fight for my brothers,’’ Shepard said. “You saw that around the team. I think it shows what type of team we have.’’

For now, and possibly, for the future.

Source: Read Full Article

Report Alleges Leslie Moonves Misled CBS Investigation

Leslie Moonves is alleged to have misled investigators working on behalf of CBS Corp. and attempted to obstruct a probe into claims of sexual harassment during his time at and before he was employed by the company, according to a report in The New York Times.

The Times says it has reviewed a draft of a report prepared by lawyers who have been hired by the board of directors of the New York media company. CBS in August hired Covington & Burling and Debevoise & Plimpton, two top-flight legal entities, to investigate not only allegations made against Moonves but “cultural issues at all levels of CBS.” According to the Times, the report alleges Moonves “engaged in multiple acts of serious nonconsensual sexual misconduct in and outside of the workplace, both before and after he came to CBS in 1995.” The report also contains other allegations of sexual misconduct against him that had not been previously disclosed, the Times said.

The new revelations threaten to end any speculation about whether the once-storied television executive might receive any portion of a severance package valued at around $120 million. Moonves’ employment agreement with CBS Corp. specifies that if he is fired for cause, the company can withhold the payment.

Related

Viola Davis Wants #MeToo and Time's Up to Go Beyond Hollywood

CBS Plans to Replace 'Big Bang Theory' With 'Young Sheldon'

CBS Corp. is expected to hold its annual meeting next week in New York.

CBS in September disclosed in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it had set aside $120 million as a potential severance payment for Moonves, and reserved $20 million to be paid to “one or more charitable organizations that support the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace.” That money was originally also to be part of Moonves’ exit package.

Moonves’ payment was already in doubt after the Times revealed in a report last week that he sought to keep quiet an previously undisclosed claim of sexual assault by an actress named Bobbie Phillips, and subsequently tried to find her employment with CBS projects after her manager, Marv Dauer, approached him about the incident. That account alleged the executive had removed text messages with Dauer from an iPad in an attempt to keep hidden his efforts from the board’s inquiry. The lawyers’ report disclosed Moonves had provided investigators with his son’s iPad, rather than his own.

The latest claims are sordid. The Times said the report contained allegations that Moonves “received oral sex from at least 4 CBS employees under circumstances that sound transactional and improper to the extent that there was no hint of any relationship, romance, or reciprocity (especially given what we know about his history of more or less forced oral sex with women with whom he has no ongoing relationship).” Investigators also noted they had received multiple reports about a CBS employee who was “on call” to perform oral sex on the executive.

An attorney for Moonves told the Times that the executive had never kept an employee on the payroll “for the purpose of sex.”

 

More to come…

 

Source: Read Full Article