CHRISTMAS might be months away, but when it comes to buying for men, it's always good to be well-prepared.
So if you're stuck for ideas, read on: here's our pick of the best Christmas gifts for him.
We've chosen products from a range of budgets, with options that are personalised, unusual and romantic – no matter how tricky your bloke is to buy for, we're confident you'll find something below.
And if you fancy saving a bit of dosh along the way, it's worth checking out websites such as TopCashback and Quidco.
These cashback sites are partnered with a large number of retailers – many of which we've listed below – and let you claim back percentages of your spend.
Also, before you know it, Black Friday will be upon us – the epic November shopping event is a great time to snap up a Christmas gift at a discounted price.
Scroll on for our pick of the best Christmas gifts for him.
Personalised gifts for him
If you want to treat your guy to something extra-special this Christmas, find a personalised gift.
We've picked out a number of customisable options below: take a look and see if they're something that your fella will appreciate.
1. Personalised Leather Effect Embossed Notebook, £18.95
We really love the gorgeous design of this embossed leather notebook: it's a great choice if your boyfriend is the type who likes to keep hand-written notes.
It comes in a range of five different different colours – but best of all, of course, is that it can be personalised with his initials.
- Personalised Leather Effect Embossed Notebook, £18.95, Not On The High Street – buy here
2. Best Of British Beer Pub Gift Box, £27.50
Sometimes that classics are best: we doubt there are many men out there who wouldn't appreciate a selection of beers this Christmas.
This box features a choice of six craft beers and even comes with a 'pub quiz'. But the pub design on the box is yours to personalise as you wish.
For other options, head to our Sun Selects team's expert pick of the best beer subscriptions.
- Best Of British Beer Pub Gift Box, £27.50, Not On The High Street – buy here
3. Men's Personalised Engraved Leather Bracelet, £31
This personalised woven black leather bracelet can be engraved on the polished clasp, and is a nice, not-too-fuzzy choice of gift for a guy this Christmas.
Made with real leather, the stainless steel clasp can be engraved – you could either go with his initials or a sweet, short message.
- Men's Personalised Engraved Leather Bracelet, £31, Not on the High Street – buy here
4. Personalised Vintage Nuhide Holdall, £62
For something a little more luxe, take a look at this gorgeous, vintage style leather holdall.
It makes for a particularly nice overnight bag for weekends away, and will have an added level of style emblazoned with his initials.
- Personalised Vintage Nuhide Holdall, £62, Not On the High Street – buy here
5. Personalised Toblerone, £12
Who can resistant a bit – or a lot – of chocolate at Christmas?
Treat that man with sweet tooth to this personalisable bar of Toblerone – just be sure that he notices his name on the packaging before he digs in.
- Personalised Toblerone, £12, Menkind – buy here
6. Personalised Candy Kitten bundle, £10
Candy Kittens are arguably are favourite sweets, so why not gift the man in your life his very own bundle?
You can personalise with either four or nine bags of Candy Kittens, pick from the same flavour or shake things up.
- Build a box of Candy Kittens, from £10 from Candy Kittens – buy here
7. Personalised Men's Crew Neck Sweatshirt, £32.50
Christmas gifts are all about cosy knits and winter warmers, which is exactly what this crew neck jumper is.
It comes in grey or black, and can be personalised with initials on, or a nickname.
- Personalised Men's Crew Neck Sweatshirt, £32.50 from M&S – buy here
8. Peppa Pig: My Daddy Personalised Book, £24.99
Every child loves bedtime, or quality time with their parents when they read to them.
Maybe your child wants to give back, or treat you this Christmas – with the help of an adult obviously – which is why a personalised book for story time for dad to read to their little one is a sweet gesture.
- Peppa Pig: My Daddy Personalised Book, £24.99, from Not On The High Street – buy here
Unusual Gifts for him
Keep to treat him to something a just a little out of the ordinary this Christmas?
We've put together a list of unusual gift choices, from silly small-spend items to a bigger and fancier options.
1. Fizzics Draftpour Beer Dispenser, £129
We love this minimal, stylish beer dispenser – a lovely choice of festive gift for those guys who always wished they could pull their own pints.
It uses patented micro-foam technology to enhance flavour, aroma and mouth feel for the pub experience at home.
- Fizzics Draftpour Beer Dispenser, £129, Menkind – buy here
2. Hunter Leather Flask, £59
If you want to treat your guy to something a little luxurious, then head to the Aspinal website and look through its range of super-stylish flashs.
Crafted from durable stainless steel, and hand bound in full-grain leather, it even comes with two stainless steel cups.
- Hunter Leather Flask, £59, Aspinal- buy here
3. Drive An Aston Martin Replica DB5 and V8 Vantage, £79
For something truly memorable, we would always recommend treating your man to an experience – and how about a day behind the wheels of two classic cars?
This Aston Martin Replica DB5 and V8 Vantage experience is available from a choice of locations across the UK, and is guided by a professional instructor.
- Drive An Aston Martin Replica DB5 and V8 Vantage, £79, Virgin Experience Days – buy here
4. Masterclass Subscription, from £14
Is your man keen to learn a new hobby or skill? Treat him to a Masterclass.com subscription.
These online classes cover a wealth of topics, including design, style, food, literature, art science and entertainments. Oh, and dog training too.
With names like Gordon Ramsey, Marc Jacobs and Steve Martin on the prospectus, this is an extra-thoughtful Christmas gift.
- Masterclass.com, from £14 a month – click here
5. Roberts Radio, £169.99
If you know a man who will also take the radio over Spotify any day, treat him to this vintage-style digital radio.
This Roberts Revival DAB Radio is a must-have for any home, and happens to look pretty classy at the same time.
Available in a range of colours, it will seriously improve his work-from-home setup too.
- Roberts Revival Uno, £169.99, John Lewis – buy here
6. Arm Chair Caddy, £9.99
We all know someone who as soon as they sit down in front of the TV they claim it, and there is no budging for hours on end.
This practical gift will drop a few hints, but also ensure no remotes get lost, or tea spilt on the sofa.
- Arm Chair Caddy, £9.99 from Prezzybox – buy here
7. Lazy Man Pan, £29.99
We all know someone who loves nothing more than a full English breakfast in the morning, but sometimes it can be a problem to cook, with the eggs cracking into the sausages.
This nifty frying pan has a compartment for every part of your breakfast so it tastes delicious.
- Lazy Man Pan, £29.99, from Prezzybox – buy here
Gift Sets for him
Sometimes you can't go wrong a gift set, and these are just the thing to suit a a variety of tastes.
These gift sets are sure to put a smile on his face, and its always nice to be given a full package of different items.
1. Clinique Happy for Him: Men's Fragrance Gift Set, £62
Treating your fella to something a bit fragrant and indulgent is always a wise move at Christmas, and this Clinique set issure to give his self-care routine an uplift.
This gift set from Clinique is a great all-rounder from a big-name brand, and features the Happy For Men fragrance along with a face scrub and hair and body wash.
- Clinique Happy for Him: Men's Fragrance Gift Set, £62,Clinique – buy here
2. Johnny's Chop Shop Barber Grade Edit, £16.95
Does that man you know take extra-care with his locks? We always recommend a barbershop gift set.
This package from Johnny's Chop Shop has everything he needs to maintain his 'do' – the kit contains two hair clays, shampoo and conditioner and a face wash.
- Johnny's Chop Shop Barber Grade Edit, £16.95, Boots – buy here
3. The Fuzzy Duck Men's Hemp & Bergamot, £14
This fancy Baylis & Harding Gift Set contains a comprehensive selection of toiletries.
The 'Ultimate Grooming Kit' includes their top five must-haves for grooming: hair & body wash, soap, shower gel,aftershave balm and muscle soak crystals.
- The Fuzzy Duck Men's Hemp & Bergamot 5 Piece, £14, Debenhams – buyhere
4. Champneys Mens Relax and Refresh Essentials Wash Bag, £20
For a more practical and portable choice of gift set, go with this gym essentials kit from Cham
With body wash, face wash, face moisturiser, body spray and a cloth – there's everything he needs.
- Champneys Active Gym Essentials Gift Set, £20, Boots – buy here
5. Shiseido Men Total Revitalizer Skincare Gift Set, £70
Everyone loves a pamper, there's no denying it
However, for those who are stuck for time, or don't invest in skincare essentials, this gift will encourage them to take out some quality me time.
- Shiseido Men Total Revitalizer Skincare Gift Set, £70 from John Lewis – buy here
Romantic Gifts for him
1. Personalised Hand Painted Couple Portrait Print, £43
Looking for something special? This personalised Hand Painted Couple Portrait is perfect.
Each portrait is hand painted with gouache acrylic paints and is totally personalised to look you and your beau.
- Personalised Hand Painted Couple Portrait Print, £43, Not on the High Street – buy here
2. Personalised Couples Large Matchbox, £19
Want something a bit more subtle, this is one for the interior lovers.
This incredible personalised couples large matchbox, can be personalised with your initials, and a specific date.
It's perfect for the 'perfect match'.
- Personalised Couples Large Matchbox, £19, Not On The High Street – buy here
3. Stargazing Experience In Wales, £55
This brilliant stargazing experience is a night you both won't forget in a hurry.
You can choose between Brecon Beacons, Elan Valley – Cambrian Mountains or Broad Haven South Beach, Pembrokeshire in Wales, and will be tought everything you need to know to become an expert star gazer.
- Stargazing Experience In Wales, £55, Not on The High Street – buy here
4. Personalised Map with Real Co-Ordinates, £20
Have you just moved in together? This amazing print is your very own personalised map that includes your own co-ordinates.
Personalise it with details such as dates, names and more.
- Personalised Map with Real Co-Ordinates, £20, Menkind – buy here
5. Three-Course Dinner with Cocktail for Two at The Fortnum & Mason Bar, £75
Why not take him on a romantic date? With this fabulous offer for a three course and cocktail for two at the Fortnum & Mason Restaurant at the Royal Exchange.
The "two of you will take your seats in the al-fresco surroundings of the Royal Exchange’s central courtyard" – you can buy it here.
- Three Course Dinner with Cocktail for Two, £75, Virgin Experience Day – buy here
Gold Gifts for him
1. Personalised Tie Clip, £25
This super smart tie clip is the perfect finishing addition to a smart suit.
Whether you've got a postponed wedding coming up, or you've got a fashion fan on your hands, you can't go wrong with this; and it's personalised.
- Personalised Tie Clip, £25, Not on the High Street – buy here
2. Fused Woven Square Signet Ring, £155
This luxury gift is perfect for the guy who likes the finer things in life.
An 18ct Gold Vermeil Signet Ring, it's bound to go with everything, brightening up day looks, and adding a touch of glamour to evening looks.
- Fused Woven Square Signet Ring, Missoma, £155 – buy here
3. Men's Silver-Tone Open Cuff Bracelet, £113
You can't go wrong with a cuff and this 'A' Mens Initial Cuff is super slick.
The Black and 18ct Gold Plated is embossed with a single raised initial. and is designed to be worn daily throughout showering, swimming and in the gym.
- Men's Silver-Tone Open Cuff Bracelet, £113, Wolf & Badger – buy here
4. Tommy Hilfiger Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch, £118
A watch is a very special gift that is sure to show him how much you love him.
This amazing Tommy Hilfiger watch is the ultimate in sophistication.
- Tommy Hilfiger Men's Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch, £118, H Samuel – buy here
5. Tapper 18K Rose Gold Plated Rope Chain for AirPods & AirPods Pro, £127.96
Upgrade your airpods chain with this Tapper 18ct gold-plated AirPod chain from Selfridges.
With a magnetic clasp fastening and a gold plated chain it'll add some serious cool points.
- Tapper 18K Rose Gold Plated Rope Chain for AirPods & AirPods Pro, Pink, £127.96 , Amazon – buy here
6. ASHER Brushed Metal Bangle, £45
Reiss is one of our go-to shopping destinations for men, whether it is for suits, shirts, polos, shoes or accessories.
Elevate any outfit with this stunning bangle, which also comes in black or gold, and is on sale.
- Asher Brushed Metal Bangle, £45 (Was £58) from Reiss – buy here
Leather Gifts for Him
1.Barbour Elvington Coin Pocket Leather Wallet, £54.95
This wallet is by popular British brand Barbour and the combination of Dark Brown and Tan Leather, and tartan detailing inside makes it a smart choice.
- Barbour Elvington Coin Pocket Leather Wallet, £54.95, John Lewis – buy here
2. Vintage Leather Personalised Home Office Desk Mat, £50
With many of us still working from home, this fabulousLeather Desk Mat is perfect for upgrading your work space.
Plus, you can personalise it too.
- Vintage Leather Personalised Home Office Desk Mat, £50, Not On The High Street – buy here
3. Vintage Style Leather Satchel, £85
And if he's going back to the office, then this vintage leather satchel is perfect for carrying everything you need in style.
Theperfect size for A4 sized documents and an 11” laptop you can also personalise it with their initials.
- Vintage Style Leather Satchel, £85, Not On The High Street – buy here
4. Leather Hanging Wash Bag With Secret Message, £75
This Leather Washbag is perfect for travelling in style, or making a statement in your bathroom.
It can even be personalised with a secret message that is revealed as you unravel it.
- Leather Hanging Wash Bag With Secret Message,£75, Not On The High Street – buy here
5. Osprey Rugger Leather Washbag, £29.95
Treat your man to a new washbag with this Osprey Khaki number.
Described at "Rugged good looks with a spacious interior", it's the perfect thing for weekends away, work trips and holidays.
- Osprey Rugger Leather Washbag, £29.95 – buy here
6. Allsaints Leather Biker Jacket, £369
Allsaints are known for their leather jackets, whether it is womenswear or menswear.
One thing is for sure leather jackets are a timeless wardrobe essential that can see you through every occasion, all seasons, and for any outfit.
- Allsaints Wick Leather Biker Jackets, £369 from Allsaints – buy here
7. Russell & Bromley leather boots, £245
Boots are a winter essential, and one gift sure to go down a treat come the winter months.
This lace up number can be worn with jeans or trousers, paired with a jumper, thick jacket, the options are endless.
- BRIGADE 6 Eyelet Lace Up Boot, £245 from Russell & Bromley – buy here
8.John Lewis Classic Leather Belt, £14
You can never go wrong with a leather belt when buying for a male in your life, and any age too.
Not only is it practical, but also adds an extra element of style and sophistication to any outfit.
- Classic Leather Belt, £14 from John Lewis – buy here
Letterbox Gifts for Him
1. A Box of Stories, £14.99
Ifyou'vegot an avid reader on your hands, then A Box of Stories is the perfect gift.,
Whether he's into Science Fiction,History, Crime or Thrillers, you can gift then man in your life a Box ofStories from £14.99.
- A Box of Stories, from £14.99 – buy here
2.Classic Selection Coffee Gift Box, £26
This beautiful gift box is perfect for a coffee lover, and includes three tasty bags.
You can choose between Whole Bean, Cafeteria, Filter and Espresso,with a HouseRoast Blend, Boblink, and Relevation Blend.
- Classic Selection Coffee Gift Box, £26, Union Roasted – buy here
3. Luxury British Cheeses Letter Box Hamper, £32.95
This letterbox hamper is perfect for foodies, and includes "two of Britain's best cheeses – Godminster's award winning cheddar from the West Country and Caws Cryf from Wales – as well as biscuits for cheese, salted nuts and red onion chutney".
The perfect snack for Christmas Day if you ask us.
- Luxury British Cheeses Letter Box Hamper, £32.95, Not on the High Street – buy here
4. Six Month World Kitchen Spice Subscription, £48
With spices fromeach corner of the globe arriving through your letterbox, it's the perfect for a budding chef.
Plus Each box is unique, and changes every month so there's always something new and exciting to try.
- Six Month World Kitchen Spice Subscription, £48, Not on the High Street – buy here
5. Whisky Tasting Set, £40
Know a whisky fan? He'd love this gift to arrive through the letterbox.
With five whisky's and tasting notes to enjoy and compare it's a must have this Christmas.
- Whisky Tasting Set, £40, Not On The High Street – buy here
6. Christmas Colin The Caterpillar™ Letterbox, £18
No matter your age, you are never too old to enjoy a Colin the Caterpillar bundle of treats through your letterbox.
From chocolates to sweets, and festive candy cane, this bundle has everything and affordable too.
- Christmas Colin the Caterpillar, £18 from M&S – buy here
Other Great Christmas Gifts for him
1. M&S Collection Pure Cotton Fox Print Pyjama Set, £27.50
Does a certain guy you know wear an old t-shirt and boxers in bed?
Give him the opportunity to upgrade his nightwear with this cosy fox-print pyjama set from Marks & Spencer.
We love both the bottoms' printed design and the burgundy colour scheme alike.
- M&S Collection Pure Cotton Fox Print Pyjama Set, £27.50 – buy here
2. Reiss Ceremony Plain Silk Pocket Square, £38
If the bloke you're treating wears a lot of jackets and suits, treat him to this elegant and understated pocket square from Reiss.
We absolutely love the monochrome polka dot look, and it will look fabulous at both weddings and the workplace.
- Liam Polka Dot Silk Pocket Square, £38 Reiss – buy here
3. River Island Houndstooth Jacket, £25 (Was £48)
You can't go wrong with an on-trend jacket, and this River Island number ticks all the boxes.
Layer over t-shirts or roll necks perfect for all seasons.
- River Island Harrington, £25 (Was £48), River Island – buy here
4.Black Axe Mangal recipe book, £24.95
One of London's most popular and unique restaurants, Black Axe Mangal is the perfect cookbook for a serious foodie.
Think "open-fire cooking and underused ingredients with a bold aesthetic, influenced by his love of music and skate culture."
- Black Axe Mangal, £24.95, Waterstones – buy here
5. Fatman's Aged Negroni, £35.95
Rather than a bottle of booze this Christmas why not get him a pre-mixed cocktail.
And can you go wrong with a Negroni?
- Fatman's Aged Negroni , £35.95, Mast of Malt – buy here
6. Negroni Cap, £35
Instead of the genuine article, why not treat your special man to a negroni-themed cap instead?
It comes in a range of colours including Stone White, Navy, Black and more.
And if negroni isn't his thing? You can also find a range of food and drink-themed apparel on Novel Mart's site here.
- Negroni Cap, £35, Novel Mart – buy here
7. Dior Sauvage Spray Eau de Toilette, £90
You can never go wrong with a good Eau de Toilette, and Dior Sauvage is a classic.
With radiant top notes of Reggio di Calabria Bergamot and Ambroxan, derived from precious ambergris, it's a powerful, woody, distinctly masculine scent.
- Dior Sauvage Spray Eau de Toilette , from £90 – buy here
8. Mr Black Mezcal Cask Coffee Liqueur, £35
We all know someone who may enjoy a cocktail bar, but making your favourite tipple in the comfort of your own home is even better, and Mr Black helps you to do so.
- Mr Black Mezcal Cask Coffee Liqueur, £36.99 from Amazon – buy here
9. Barber's Style Shave cream, £10
Stumped for what to buy the man in your life? Or looking for an affordable stocking filler, Wilkinson Sword has plenty of grooming options.
Buy separate grooming gifts, or create your very own pampering bundle for a loved one.
- Barber's Style Shave Cream, £10 from Wilkinson Sword – buy here
10. Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather cologne intense 50ml, £102
Fragrance is always a great gift idea, and this cologne is the one to bookmark.
While we were tempted to list it under the leather gifts selection because of the ombre notes, it's a standalone gift of its own.
- JO MALONE Bronze Wood & Leather cologne intense 50ml, £102 from Selfridges – buy here
Last Minute Gifts for him
Looking for a gift in a rush? Then you can't go wrong with a speedy gift from Amazon Prime.
1. Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey, £37
This classic rye whisky is a great choice for whisky fans.
Described as a "small-batch, pre-prohibition-style rye whiskey which has been crafted to perfection with dominant notes of spice and tobacco among a sea of fruit, floral, and sweet aromatics" – all in all, a pretty fabulous choice of boozy Christmas gift.
- Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey, £37 Amazon – buy here
2. Nivea Men Complete Collection Giftset, £17.72
This Nivea Gift Set is full of everything he needs for super-soft skin this Christmas – the perfect antidote to the dry skin that comes in winter.
At under £20, it's an absolute steal and has everything from shaving foam to moisturiser – all from a trusted brand.
- Nivea Men Complete Collection Giftset, £17.72 Amazon – buy here
3. Eono Geniuine Leather Wallet, £12.74
You can never go wrong with a wallet as a Christmas gift for a guy, and this Eono number also uses RFID so will protect you from unauthorised scans on the go.
We love this brown leather, but it also comes in stylish black leather.
- Eono Geniuine Leather Wallet, £12.74, Amazon – buy here
4. Wilkinson Sword subscription, from £4
Wilkinson Sword not only offer fantastic grooming gifts for men, but also subscription deals so you never run out of razor blades for that clean trim.
- Wilkinson Sword subscription, from £4 from Wilkinson Sword – buy here
What is a good Christmas gift for a new boyfriend?
If you've just made it official with a boyfriend this Christmas, then you'll want to make sure you get the right gift.
Don't go too big if it's new, but make sure you get him a present that shows you care.
You can't go wrong with trainers, or clothes. But if you want so show him you really care, some wall art based on his favourite sports team or musican could be a good choice.
What do you buy a guy for Christmas?
Guys can be pretty tricky to buy for, but you can't go wrong if you buy something in line with his hobbies.
If he's a football fan, then look for a sporty gift, and if he's mad for music, some vinyl or music-themed artwork would go down a treat.
Or maybe there was something that he wanted that sold out? The new PS5 or a pair of Yeezys perhaps? Then it might be worth checking out StockX to see if they have it in stock.
What do you get the man who has everything?
If you're shopping for the man who has everything, then looking for something original.
How about something personalised? It's definitely unique.
What to get the man who wants nothing?
If he doesn't want a gift this year, then think vouchers. Maybe a voucher for a takeaway, or a trip to a restaurant?
A voucher for some new clothes, or Amazon where he can even snap up some spirits would go down well.
There's bound to be something he loves.
When should I start shopping for Christmas?
Start sooner rather than later.
Most people will start shopping earlier to space it out – and if you start now, there's still a number of pay days until the big day.
Should I buy Christmas presents during Black Friday?
Buying Christmas presents during Black Friday is a great way to save money, make sure you keep your eyes out on our deals pages.
MORE ABOUT CHRISTMAS 2021
Full list of shops extending returns policies for Christmas including B&M
Aldi makes huge change to opening hours over Christmas
Best Christmas gifts for girlfriends 2022: What to get your leading lady
Soap and Glory Advent Calendar 2022 has dropped – here's what's inside
Looking for the best beauty advent calendar? Here are our top picks.
Loved our roundup of the best Christmas gifts for men? Check out our top shopping guides on Sun Selects here.
Don't forget to shop ahead on Black Friday.
Source: Read Full Article