CONOR MCGREGOR has once again explained who and what inspires him in life.
The Irishman, 34, is set to return to the octagon after recovering from the horrific leg break he suffered last year.
McGregor suffered the injury in his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier.
And after over a year of recovery, the former two-weight UFC champion looks in incredible shape as he prepares for a comeback.
And as he closes in on his next fight, Notorious has decided to share some old quotes of his explaining what motivates him.
Posting a clip on his Instagram story, McGregor says: “I take inspiration from hard workers, people who chase a dream and people who pay no attention to what other people are saying.
READ MORE UFC
McGregor & Diaz could fight outside UFC and split money 50/50, says Bisping
Win a Ford Ranger Raptor + £1,500 or £33k alternative from just 89p with The Sun
“People who set out to do something that has not been done before regardless of what other people say. That inspires me.
“People who put their head down and walk towards a dream with true self belief in their abilities. I am inspired by that.”
Meanwhile, McGregor has been linked with a trilogy fight against old foe Nate Diaz.
But British UFC legend Michael Bisping believes the pair could look to fight outside of the octagon.
Most read in Sport
Bayern Munich fans display banner slamming Uefa's response to the Queen's death
Spurs COLLAPSE in injury time to lose first match since April
Chelsea offer PSG chief Luis Campos £135k a week as sporting director
Everton sign Eldin Jakupovic on a free as Lampard fights keeper injury crisis
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
The duo shared two epic fights in 2016 and only last week McGregor claimed their trilogy bout "will happen".
But now that Diaz's UFC contract has finally expired, the much-anticipated fight could take place outside of the promotion.
Diaz, 37, defeated Tony Ferguson via fourth-round submission on Saturday night and is widely expected to lace them up for a boxing match against Jake Paul next time out before a potential showdown with McGregor – who has already fought Floyd Mayweather in the ring.
On Saturday night, McGregor took exception to Diaz's claim that he'd failed to take over the world of boxing.
The Stockton legend said: “I want to get out of the UFC for a little bit and show all these UFC fighters how to takeover and own up another sport how you're supposed to do it.
“Because Conor McGregor didn't know how to do it and none of these other fighters know how to do it.”
READ MORE SPORT
AJ lined up with Fury’s ex-opponent or old amateur rival for December return
Mayweather set to face KSI’s brother Deji in shock fight in Dubai on 13 November
In response, the Notorious tweeted: “Ah come on bro I’m absolutely stinking. And with so much quality. This has never been seen before what I’m doing man. Please, Your nothing with out me.
“Respect, please. I’d slap you around handy. And Tony easy. I’d have sawed Tony in half. 2 ham ball heads. Respect the king.”
Source: Read Full Article