MANCHESTER UNITED return to Europa League action with Group E top spot firmly in their sights – but leaders Real Sociedad have other ideas.
The Red Devils temporarily closed the gap on Sociedad having brushed aside Moldovan outfit Sheriff Tiraspol at Old Trafford.
But Sociedad restored their lead at the top of Group E with a convincing win over Omonia.
However, victory for United would see them leapfrog their Spanish opponents if the Red Devils were to score three with no reply.
And Erik Ten Hag will be desperate for his side to top the leaderboards as the group winners avoid the Champions League drop outs.
When is Real Sociedad vs Manchester United?
- Real Sociedad roll out the red carpet for Manchester United on Thursday, November 3.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 5:45pm UK time – 6:45pm local time.
- Reale Arena in San Sebastian, Spain is the chosen venue for this match and it can host approximately 39,500.
- Sociedad stunned United 1-0 the last time the sides met in September.
Read more on Man Utd
Pellistri targets impressive World Cup & United EXIT, Real Sociedad build up
Ten Hag told to play Ronaldo… but stats show Man Utd better WITHOUT him
What TV channel is Real Sociedad vs Manchester United on and can I live stream it?
- Real Sociedad vs Manchester United will be broadcasted LIVE on BT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Coverage is set to commence from 5:15pm UK time – 30 minutes before kick-off.
- Subscription holders of BT Sport can stream the entire action live via the BT Sport website or BT Sport app.
What is the team news?
Imanol Alguacil has been severely hit with injury problems ahead of this top of the table clash against Manchester United.
Most read in Europa League
The real reason I'm going on I'm A Celeb & it's not money says Matt Hancock
I gave birth in a taxi & was shocked when the cab firm sent me the clean-up bill
Eastenders cast Brit gangster film legend as Sam Mitchell’s ex
Towie’s Ella Rae Wise dumped from reality dating show by furious producers
The Sociedad boss is expected to be without Mikel Oyarzabal, Umar Sadiq, Mohamed-Ali-Cho, Ander Martin and former Manchester City icon David Silva.
Takefusa Kubo's dislocated shoulder from last week has also made him one of the few doubts alongside Ander Barrenetxea, Aihen Munoz and Alex Sola.
Elsewhere, Erik Ten Hag has some injury setbacks of his own as the United boss will continue to be without Raphael Varane, Axel Tuanzebe and Brandon Williams.
However, Antony, Victor Lindelof, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Anthony Martial could all return to the fold having missed out on the West Ham win.
- Real Sociedad to win 9/4
- Draw 12/5
- Manchester United to win 6/5
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
Source: Read Full Article