Love Island viewers were in stitches on Tuesday after hearing Indiyah Polack and Amber Beckford butcher poor Ikenna Ekwonna’s name as they discussed him.
It turns out, not only were neither of them certain on the pronunciation of his name, but the specifics – including spelling – were a bit hazy too.
As the two discussed Indiyah’s reaction to being coupled up with him, Amber was laughing at Indiyah for calling him what sounded like ‘Ikano’
‘Sorry, what did you just call him?!’ she cackled.
However, after Indiyah, who admitted she felt ‘disrespectful’ not knowing his name properly, asked Amber for her input, she could only offer vague letters towards its spelling.
An ‘i’, two ‘k’s’ and an ‘a’, spelling… ‘Ikka’? (We’re getting there)
It certainly seems that her initial incredibly underwhelmed reaction to Ikenna seems to be holding from Love Island’s launch episode after the pair were put together through a public vote.
‘His name begins with an I,’ posted one fan in disbelief over the scene, while another exclaimed in capitals: ‘They can’t remember his name!’
Love Island 2022 is back
Kiss goodbye to your social life – Love Island is back to dominate your evenings, with the new series promising more drama than ever before.
- Full Love Island 2022 line-up
- Love Island fans slam Michael Owen’s ‘rude’ daughter Gemma
- Love Island launch episode review: Cringe-worthy moments but we’re not swiping left yet
- I went to the new Love Island villa and the reality is not what I expected
- Which Love Island couples are still together?
- Who won Love Island last year? Full list of previous winning couples
For all the latest updates, visit Metro.co.uk‘s Love Island page.
Source: Read Full Article