OFCOM is facing a flood of complaints after Love Island's Gemma Owen, 19, coupled up with 27-year-old Davide, according to fans.
Viewers furiously reacted to tonight's recoupling as Love Island newcomer Davide "stole" Gemma from Liam Llewellyn, 22.
After getting a text to gather around the firepit, Davide told the group: "I decided to couple up with this girl because there's not just attraction.
"Yes, she's a stunning girl but I felt like we really had a good time and I would like to know her more. So the girl I would like to couple up with is Gemma."
Gemma smirked as she left Liam's side to stand next to Davide.
Liam then received a text to tell him he was now single and faced being dumped from the Island.
READ MORE ON LOVE ISLAND
Love Island 2022 LIVE: Gemma and Davide couple up as TWO new bombshells arrive
Love Island bosses make major rule change to recoupling
But the moment didn't go down well with viewers who begged for Ofcom to intervene over the couple's age-gap.
One said: "@Ofcom sort out love island this is disgusting."
"27 year old coupling up with a 19 year old, I’m calling ofcom," said another.
Someone else predicted: "Ofcom complaints are about to go through the roof."
Elsewhere in Love Island's dramatic episode:
- New bombshells Afia and Ekin-Su arrived and say 'watch out, I'm coming for your man'
- Love Island fans furious as Davide chose Gemma to couple up with
- Show bosses make major rule change to recoupling after axing 'unfair' plan amid huge backlash
- Love Island fans' fumed as Gemma Owen SMIRKED after she's picked in recoupling by Davide
- The ITV2 dating show faced ANOTHER race row after viewers brand pairings voted for by the public ‘segregation’
- Viewers cringed as Indiyah makes ANOTHER awkward blunder after forgetting her partner's name
- Love Island fans were convinced Tasha Ghouri looks exactly like a famous TV presenter – but can you tell who?
Another added: "Ofcom is gonna have a long day tomorrow."
On Monday night's launch show, the teenage daughter of football legend Michael Owen took the chance to score with the Italian bombshell Davide after being dared to snog who she fancies most.
The pair have since hit it off as they flirted ahead of the recoupling.
Despite also getting to know Tasha Ghouri, 23, and Paige Thorne, 24, Davide chose Gemma.
Liam has a chance to save himself with another recoupling announced for the end of the week.
What the Islanders don't know is that two new bombshells are set to arrive to spice up the villa – giving Liam double the chance to graft.
The Sun exclusively revealed a pair of sexy singles are poised ready to strut into the Love Island villa at bosses’ say so.
Afia Tonkmor, 25, and Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, 27, are ready to turn heads, telling the Love Island girls: "watch out, I'm coming for your man".
Londoner Afia said on tonight's show: "If I see a guy that I want in the villa I'm definitely going to make sure I get him. Watch out girls, I'm coming for your man."
Love Island 2022: Meet the islanders
Read all the latest Love Island news, gossip and exclusives
- Meet the Love Island cast of 2022
- Who is contestant Paige Thorne?
- Who is deaf Islander Tasha Ghouri?
- Meet Michael Owen's daughter Gemma
- Amber Beckford will be looking to win the prize
- Who is Indiyah Polack?
- Meet Islander Davide Sanclimenti
- Who is Nottingham's Ikenna Ekwonna?
- Who is tattooed hunk Luca Bish?
- Meet microbiologist Dami Hope
- Andrew Le Page will look to scoop the prize
- Who is Liam Llewellyn?
- Take a look at the new-look Love Island villa
All the latest Love Island news, gossip and exclusives
Source: Read Full Article