Explosion destroys home in Greater Manchester leaving two women in hospital and dozens of residents evacuated
- A woman and younger female were taken to hospital after the explosion
- Police confirmed a building had ‘collapsed’ in Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester
- Two other women were assessed at the scene but were not seriously injured
Two women were last night taken to hospital after an explosion at a house in Greater Manchester.
The woman and a younger female were not believed to be seriously injured after the house near Summerseat Garden Centre in Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester, collapsed just after 9.30pm on Wednesday.
Two other women were assessed at the scene but were not seriously injured while dozens of people living nearby have been evacuated, reported the Manchester Evening News.
Reports suggest a gas leak could have caused the explosion as police revealed pipes were being checked at midnight on Wednesday.
The woman and a younger female were not believed to be seriously injured after the ‘collapse’ of a property close to Summerseat Garden Centre in Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester
Police, the fire service and a technical response unit were at the scene but no further information is available.
Residents living nearby have been evacuated from the area and GMP Bury North tweeted: ‘Officers are currently at the scene of a collapsed house on East View in Summerseat, Ramsbottom following a call just before 9.30pm this evening.
‘Emergency services are in attendance and a number of residents are currently being evacuated as a precaution.’
James Daly, the area’s MP, tweeted that he was aware of a ‘major incident’ as he urged people to stay aware from the area.
One resident who lived five minutes from the blast claimed his blinds moved at the time of the building’s collapse. He wrote on Twitter: ‘I was sat watching TV but neither of us heard anything. Strangely, the blinds moved though, as if the window was open. The pictures look awful.’
Source: Read Full Article