Mitrovic red card ref Chris Kavanagh in ANOTHER sending off storm in Nottingham Forest vs Wolves clash | The Sun

RED card ref Chris Kavanagh was at the centre of another sending off storm after two coaches were dismissed in an ill-tempered Midlands derby.

Nottingham Forest assistant Alan Tate and Wolves counterpart Pablo Sanz both got their marching orders after squaring up in the technical area.

Wolves were raging at being denied a 58th-minute penalty when Adama Traore tumbled, claiming he had been shoved over by Forest defender Felipe.

Bosses Steve Cooper and Julen Lopetegui exchanged angry words, before members of the two backroom teams joined in.

Tate looked to aim a punch in the bust-up, with Sanz diving in from the Wolves side.

Kavanagh immediately showed red cards to the pair of them – and the visitors were left even more annoyed when VAR ruled the official was right in denying them a penalty.


Mark Clattenburg reveals worst players to deal with including Keane & Bellamy

Bet £5 on football and get £20 in free bets with Ladbrokes

There was more work for Kavanagh later in the game as there was a VAR check on an incident involving Wolves player Daniel Podence.

The goalscorer appeared to spit at Brennan Johnson, but after a check no red card was given.

It is the second game running that the referee has been at the centre of a red card controversy.

Before the recent international break he sent off THREE men in Fulham’s FA Cup defeat at Manchester United.

Most read in Football


Inside Jack Grealish's staggering fortune as Man City star's earnings are revealed


Arsenal fans loving 'naughty talk' of TWO England midfielders joining


Argentina World Cup winner accused of 'sexual assault on model at his birthday'

Howe's that?

Newcastle announce shock signing of ex-Sunderland boss to join Howe's team


Willian got his marching orders for deliberate handball, before striker Aleksandar Mitrovic saw red for shoving the ref and boss Marco Silva was dismissed for dissent.

The City Ground storm is the second bust-up between the teams in little over two months.

In January, there was a post-match free for all after Forest’s EFL Cup penalty shoot-out win over Wolves.  

The two clubs were subsequently fined a combined £85,000 for failing to control their players.

Source: Read Full Article