I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here: Trailer for new series
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! start date is just around the corner as the next band of celebrities go into the Australian camp and face their worst nightmares. After two years of being away from Australia because of the coronavirus pandemic, the team have finally returned to the outback, but they are already facing some serious issues as a new storm threatens infestation.
Before the stars enter the jungle and begin to take on the trials full of bugs, the campmates normally have time to adjust to their new surroundings.
However, this year they are set to see more bugs than ever and are likely to encounter cockroaches, mosquitos and giant spiders upon their arrival.
Australia’s third consecutive La Nina weather event is continuing at the moment and has seen the increased chances of rainfall soar to above average during the spring and summer.
The humid and damp conditions have helped drive breeding numbers and grow plant life within the jungle, especially in places such as the camp.
READ MORE: Strictly’s Tony Adams could make final after new evidence exposed
There have also been warnings of an increased number of rats on the Gold Coast where the celebs are staying.
Professor Dieter Hochuli, who leads the Integrative Ecology Group at the University of Sydney, has said that mosquitoes are also bound to thrive under these conditions.
“The big one that is causing lots of concerns for this upcoming summer is mosquitoes,” he explained.
“Their biology is driven by available water and higher temperatures mean they will be able to reproduce quickly once the weather heats up.
“The public health risks are significant and it will be an important summer for covering up and wearing repellent.
“This moist environment is really helping insects deal with one of the greatest threats which are drying out.”
Last week, The Mirror reported the campsite suffered a week’s worth of rain in just three days, putting the production team out of action for 24 hours.
The ITV spectacular begins this Sunday, November 6 and will see the return of the terrifying tower challenge which tests the contestants balancing skills.
Taking part in this year’s series is Hollyoaks star Owen Warner, singing legend Boy George, comedian Babatunde Aleshe and Love Island star Olivia Attwood.
Also joining them is Loose Women presenter Charlene White, Radio DJ Chris Moyles, Coronation Street star Sue Cleaver, Rugby ace and royal Mike Tindall, Lioness Jill Scott, and A Place in the Sun presenter Scarlette Douglas.
The celebs are currently in isolation for seven days before the series starts to help reduce any risk of covid on set.
Boy George has reportedly been on the producer’s list for a while and were elated when they finally managed to secure his place this year.
A source said: “Boy George is a real coup for producers, there is a lot of excitement in-house at ITV.
“The singer is renowned for his dry wit and frank delivery, he is always outspoken and will be hilarious value in camp.
“There is hope that he will regale viewers with his showbiz stories about his famous friends.
“While George is well acquainted with Australia after living in Sydney for several years, he has no experience of the Outback, so will be like a fish out of water living rough.”
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! begins Sunday, November 6 from 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article